The "Az Crew" Thread

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Alright gents, the planning of a run Nov 7th - 8th is in the early stages. Leave/meet up saturday morning, wheel into Chiva Falls trail, wheel out of trail sunday, head home.

Chiva Falls is in the Tuscon AZ area. Open diff trucks are ok. 31" tires a minimum. Plan on having enough food and water for 2 days and bring camping supplies. This trail is a ton of fun and has a nice waterfall at the end of it. Good trail for even a first time wheeler.

More details to come.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
JBFP, That's the one to get, would be good for our group camping trips. I think this is a Clay purchase though, i have too many trucks as it is.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Chiva falls dates have been changed to the 14th and 15th. Pack your gear and be there. More details to come.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Yeah dude, if you've got a stock Montero, sleeping bag, some fall clothing and a couple snacks you'll be fine. This group isn't the typical "Overlanding crowd" some of us have been known to show up to camp with a sleeping bag and a can of soup. I mean we've gotten better and most of us have camping gear now so you wouldn't have to cook your soup in it's can on a shovel.

JBFP, remember how much gear Pat and I had when we met up with you that first trip?

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
I felt bad for the Founding Members of the AZ Crew, sleeping next to the fire, on the ground, without sleeping bags in freezing weather. When I opened up some completely unhealthy snack items and Toasty ran over and said "You brought food!?," well, I knew we had a special group, indeed. Of course they had their chances to laugh and laugh at my mishaps with my over-preparedness and lack of savvy with my equipment as well. In one short stretch of an evening I managed to melt a hole in my air mattress with a tent heater and have my tent wrap itself around me from the relentless wind during the night because I hadn't staked it properly. The copious amounts of alcohol I consumed from tiny little twelve ounce cans made me more than a little careless. Some things change. Those guys are more than well-suited to camp, even in deep snow. And I still carry a cooler full of those twelve ounce cans. So some things don't change at all. I don't use that tent heater in my tent any more, though.

John B.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
My advice to The Shovel is to park that thing at my house and grab a key from me so you can drive my 86 and re-live the Montero experience. I plan to drive my 95, Jorge is taking his 89, HoseB is taking Jorge's 83 "Power" Ram and the poor ol' 86 would just be left here to drool in the driveway. Let's do this! Because that pickup won't make it, man. Seriously.

John B.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
I agree with johnny, unless of course you get some rocker panel protection before tbe trip. Then you might be ok enough with some rock stacking. Otherwise 3 feathers will eat that truck up this should be a good turn out for the first run of the season. Do it shovel. It's gonna be a good time and your company is always awesome.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Ok, just trying to lock down the group who will be attending this trip. I've got a few Maybe's and a couple confirmed to be in for sure. There is a few I haven't heard from, let me know.
4 wheeling into camping over night, November 14th into the 15th

Here is the plan:
Meet up in Tucson saturday november 14th at 10 am at this location
8845 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749
This will be the last gas station before we hit the trail

Wheel into Chiva Falls trail saturday, set up camp at the end at the water fall, awesome spot.

Sunday morning November 15th, wake up, eat, what ever, wheel out of the trail.

Sunday afternoon, hit staging area, air up, hit the road home.

It's a cool trail, pretty mild with a couple challenges. There is a stock Gen 3 monty going so everybody is more than capable to do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal