The cosmetic cleanup of OverlandXJ

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the compliments guys, like i said i know it's not a style alot would go with but i'm a little "OFF". :)

James, i'm envious of your travels over there, what an awesome experience it must be. My travels throughout Germany consisted of peering out a window of a Chopper. The wife sounds like a keeper, treat her right! I dont need my wife's approval (so long as i dont get any ideas about her Grand Cherokee).

Michael, the new tires are 33x10.5 vs the 33x12.5 on the rig. They look taller from the wear, weight and few lbs underinflated. Once my new axle is done i'll paint the wheels and mount the tires.

I also stumbled upon this yesterday, i had forgotten i picked it up some time ago from DesertDude. It's an interior winch control that will reside in the original cig lighter location.

xjwork003.jpg

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Your XJ looks awesome! Love the camo interior and the way cool paint. Nice Job Sir!!! Wouldn't mind seeing that rig in person someday...hint,hint,hint.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
OverlandXJ said:
I apologize in advance for your lack of
taste. :shakin:
:xxrotflma

That made my day!

Great looking rig...and the colors are great, too! You've got some skills!

safari.gif

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
OXJ, looks real nice.
How do you like those lights. I looked at some today after seeing them here, but was wondering just how much light they put out.....

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Maximus Ram said:
OXJ, looks real nice.
How do you like those lights. I looked at some today after seeing them here, but was wondering just how much light they put out.....

Love them, how could i not for under $7 each?

I picked up one of each to see how well they worked and which design i would prefer. The Oval unit worked perfect for my rear hatch when open, i can swivel it to illuminate the entire cargo area or swivel out to illuminate 10' behind the rig.

The round one (under RTT floor) does not swivel, but it is adjustable from one LED to all 3 LED's being lit. I need to stop and pick up another.. or more.

These are not real bright, and i dont need them to be. Just some extra lighting around and under the RTT when needed outside the Jeep. These are more of a spot than flood pattern.

I confess to getting these at Wal-Mart. They use 2 AAA batts.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Soon Mark... soon. I havent camped since Montana/Wyoming last Sept. I'm due. BTW.. friend called the other am, Bear walked through camp (outside Wellsboro) just looking at him ~30' away last Thursday am.... and i missed it. Not alot of Bear in Philly.

Ben, thats an XJ hood... shame on you.

Thanks Ed and Tanto, big compliment coming from ya'll.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I wanna say what I think of the new interior and exterior of the OverlandXJ, but the potty mouth filter won't let me.....

But I really, really like it. :REOutArchery02:

gabe

Observer
Were you in Delaware, where Kieth works? I also see Ben's MJ in the back ground a little more dented then I last saw it. I like the look you ended up with, the black trim pulls it together nice. I was going to go with dead grass and black trim, myself but went all black instead.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
gabe said:
Were you in Delaware, where Kieth works? I also see Ben's MJ in the back ground a little more dented then I last saw it. I like the look you ended up with, the black trim pulls it together nice. I was going to go with dead grass and black trim, myself but went all black instead.

Yes, we did the bodywork in DE where Keith works. Missed ya at NAC-Fest.

Thanks KC, sagebrush liner in yours would look *******!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3