The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Mr. D

Adventurer
A few pics from President's Day Weekend.
Just took a short drive to Kingman, Arizona from Henderson Nevada.
Doing little trips as I am saving for a trip to Fruita, and Moab this summer.

Got to have the self portrait picture.
IMG_4858.jpg

Loved the way the single track cut thru.
IMG_4860.jpg

Glad I did not talk myself out of knee pads on this day.
IMG_4862.JPG

jscusmcvet

Explorer
World's best field expedient flat repair. Performed by our guide Chris on the Southern Traverse Epic in SW Virginia. Zip ties, plastic card, duct tape. Tire was completely blown. Lasted 20 miles of single track with my fat behind daring it to blow...
View attachment 147634

View attachment 147636
View attachment 147637
Two shots from several years ago at Dupont National Forest. First on top after a tough climb on some great granite (?) trails and second under the waterfall made famous in the movie "Last of the Mohicans"

View attachment 147633
And this is my favorite. That is me and Jonah, my son, when he was 14, at Dark Mountain in Wilkesboro, NC. Great day and great fun a few years ago. One of those days that will stick in my memory just because.

John

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I do need some insulated shoes, nobody seems to give them away though. I need to save a search on eBay for some different models.
I got proper boots year ago. Foot and toe warmers suck, they never stay on and aren't warm. Since we just rode our regular bikes (I still do, trusty old studded tires) they are basically mandatory if you were to have any fun. A lot of walking.

I wore out a pair of Shimano boots. Don't remember the model, they were uninsulated full leather with neoprene cuffs. Around here that is fine with thick wools. I replaced them with a pair of Diadora Chili Extremes a couple of years ago and they are OK for chilly temps and snow but not as good in rain & wet slop as the Shimanos because the cuff doesn't snug down as tight. As long as you don't get water in the cuff they work well.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Just picked this up yesterday and I'm looking foward to logging some miles on her: Cannondale SL4 29er

P1080598_zps9b164df2.jpg

grobinson

Adventurer
I know this is more of a photo thread, but when I lived back in California I would ride at least weekly by the Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) which is a NASA facility. Great single track with a big climb to start the trail, and awesome downhill to finish up. Even came across the infamous mountain lion one night ride there, which a big "RAWWWRRR". It's a totally different riding scene to the New England riding I now do. Here are some older videos of the downhill from about a year ago:

Part 1 - https://vimeo.com/30838116

Part 2 - https://vimeo.com/30892866

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
That last shot is a classic. I love it when four mountain bikers spend ten minutes going over a map, making a solid plan that everyone agrees on. At the first intersection everyone goes in four different directions. :)

djsixbillion

Adventurer
Just getting back on the bike after recovering from a ruptured Achilles. Don't recommend that, by the way. Here are my rides, just got the 29er hardtail together last month and it rips!

Amasa Back 1.jpg
Amasa Back 2.jpg
El Comandante.jpg

nebep

2011 Salsa Fargo. Revelatedesigns "baggage"

This is the first day I had it. Nearest dealer was about 100 miles away at the time. I took the train ine way to pick it up and ride it home. Life for in the way. I made it about halfway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk