The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mgmetalworks

Explorer
... Are you happy with them?

I love the seats in the front. More importantly, my wife does not complain about the van seats any more...

There are a few pictures on previous pages of them mounted in the front. If you want a picture from a specific angle, let me know.

philos

Explorer
Just a friendly PSA; I bought a pair of cloth middle row seats (without recliner) today off of Craigslist for a benjamin. They're brand-spankin' new out of a 2013 converted wheelchair van... Deals can be had if you're patient. Can't wait to fab up some brackets and get them mounted up front, my back (and my backside) will be so happy!

bdyer

Observer
Michael sells a great product, I have his front seat mounts and 4 rear ones. I was able to obtain the factory sliders for the rear seats so I am selling the 4 rear ones. I want $250 plus shipping for all 4. My number is 2707917096 if interested.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
A second batch of seat mounts is underway. I've been held up because of the seat track adjuster slides. My main source said they had plenty to sell, then not as many as I needed, then plenty again, then zero... two months of calls an emails trying to get an accurate count. 2nd source has some but not as many as I want all at once. They can supply a small amount over time...maybe. Still working on getting a solid ship date out of them.

So because it is so dang hard to get these stupid parts, I've ordered two different aftermarket slide assemblies for evaluation. I should have those this week. They are slightly more expensive but at least they are readily available.

There's been a few of you ask about availability lately so I can now say with certainty that I have parts coming in this week and next. Let the fabrication begin!! :)

hogasm

Observer
swivel seat base

I see on your web site you make a stationary seat base. Do you also make a swivel base for the passenger seat using Sienna seats?

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Pages 7 and 8 have some good pictures of the seat mounts for adapting the Sienna seats to the driver/passenger positions in an E-series van.

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Can Not Wait!

My circa 1996 seats feel like I'm sitting on one of these...

exercise-ball.jpg

starcraft

A pic of a finished passenger side swivel base.
attachment.php

I'm looking into putting Sienna seats in my 1970 Starcraft Starcruiser:

resize.php

I'm wondering if there would be any issues using this swivel mount attached to a flat floor in both driver and passenger locations?
Also, how high off the floor is the seat bottom when using the swivel mount?
I saw the non-swivel puts it at 16 inches, but I'm guessing the swivel mount is a bit taller.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad