The SOS Report. The Full Story

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Yea i couldn't remember, I tried just listing what i knew you used for certain and what the rest of us used for certain.

I left out Marcs 400mm L too cause he didn't use it at all really.

I guess i know a couple of the 10-18mm shot i did made the final cut...i can't remember if any you shot did. Maybe by the water fall.

Oh well..whatever haha

Got Beer

Observer
Epic trip report. Kept me staring at the screen much longer than I planned, just couldn't put it away without getting to the next chapter. As has been said, but not often enough, thank you for taking the time to put this together. Excellent photos from the whole crew. My daughters could not believe the bison was so close to you. Of benefit to me, they now want to go see Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana. Sharing this with the family made a road trip a much easier sell. The excellent images and captivating story convinced them.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you have a good trip when you bring the family out. If you go to yellowstone chances are pretty high to get that close to a bison or at least something!

MTaco

Adventurer
What a great write up! The incident on the Morrison had to be intense. My brother and I did that trail a few years ago and I can only imagine the stress you guys were under when his rig almost slid off the side. Way to keep calm and winch on! Since my brother moved to ND to work in the oil patch I haven't had anyone to hit the trails in the Beartooths with so it was nice reading about it and bringing back memories. I've always wanted to do Goose Lake so if you want another 2nd gen to tag along next summer shoot me a pm! :smiley_drive:

BTW, I'm in Billings.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Sweet man! Yea the Morrison one was..interesting haha all worked out.

Are you on tacoma world? There is a Montana crew and a wyo crew. We(wyo guys) meet up a few times every summer. You are more then welcome to join. We usually organize stuff over there in the regional area in the Wyoming bs thread.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Yea man check in! Used to be two other billings guys but I haven't seen one in a long time and the other is sporadic. Another dude in red lodge too I know of

elripster

Adventurer
I can't add anything anyone hasn't already said. I did do a bit of wheeling/camping around the south fork of the flat head if memory serves like 15 years ago and absolutely loved the place. I keep swearing to get back to Montana again but each year seems to slip by. I did really enjoy that picture you took of the FJ60. I have one and can attest they can tackle quite a trail even in stock form. I would love to take mine up there.

Anyway, thanks for all the outstanding pictures and commentary. It was the next best thing to being there.

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk