The Time Has Come: My GX build

normldan

Tex,

Those tires look great! They seem to get pretty good reviews and makes the stock wheels look so much better.

I am with you on the carrier since my 285 doesn't fit under either.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
If you deflate the spare a bit they will usually slide in. I haven't tried with mine though.

TexGX

Explorer
Pedro,

The hitch is touching the spare now. My new tire is much larger. I also have to watch out for my row bar. They are oversized on the KDSS GX.

TexGX

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I'll roll under the truck when my wife gets home. I had to bend a few things to fit oversize spares under my old 4runner too. So I'll see if that will work on the GX.

TexGX

Explorer
The Lift is on!!!!

Much thanks to Wil and Kyle over at Seirra Expeditions. The install went great. I even had the chance to do the rears by myself (with Kyle checking in). The only issue was reconnecting the sway bar because of the KDSS. After some thinking, Kyle and I figured out how it worked. The spacers for the air bags never came in, so instead we just adjusted the high sensors with some spacers. We were dead on with our first try. The ride home was great. I headed straight to Firestone for an alignment. I love the way it looks and drives. I will have to get some dirt time soon to see the difference off-road.

Lift 001.jpg

Lift 002.jpg

Lift 004.jpg

Lift 005.jpg

Lift 008.jpg

TexGX

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
looks great and will be even better once the spacer come in...
Now get out there and articulate and let us know the results!

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Looking good! Mind getting a pic of the spacers you added to the height sensors...and even a measurement of the spacers (i.e. how much did you add) while you're under there? :sombrero:

TexGX

Explorer
The spacers that I had planned to use did not come in. The company had keep us hanging for over a month. It seems like it would be a good product, but customer service was poor at best. Instead of the spacer for the airbag, I just adjusted the rear hight sensors with some everyday bolts. I will try and get a picture of mine, but this link does a good job of talking about the different options for the rear of the Prado(GX):

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?20786-Grande-Airbag-Retaining-after-a-Lift/page3

There is one good picture of the spacer on the hieght sensors. It looks just like mine.

The ride has been great. It feels like the sport mode on the original shocks when new. The best part is the wife likes it.

TexGX

BonnerBB

I was thinking about ditching the springs until I read that you spaced out your bags...

I like the way you did it because you didn't lose the ride height adjustment - which I like.

I have my sensors tricked right now and they make the ride a little stiff back there because of the extra air.. :)

Anything you can provide me to show me EXACTLY what you did to space yours out would me most appreciative. I will do it ASAP!

TexGX

Explorer
BonnerBB,

I know your thread at T120 well. I used a ton of information from it to decide on my set up. Along the frame rail right behind the tire is where the ride hight sensor are. Where you adjusted the actual sensor bar, I just added washers(actual bolts) in between the bracket and the frame rail just as the picture in the thread I posted. I will try and get some pics soon. This does add air into the bags just like your adjustment does. I am still thinking of using the airbag spacers for the reasons you mentioned. You can give Wil a call at Seirra Expeditions. He has all the details. We have no idea when mine will get in. I am happy with the ride right now because I will be pulling a small trailer, so the extra air will not be noticed as much.

TexGX

BonnerBB

I read that thread you posted on the different ways to lift the rear without pulling the springs out.

I now understand that what you did was the same as me by adjusting the sensor w/spacers and NOT spacers on the bags themselves.

If and when the bag spacers you ever ordered - I am subscribed and looking forward to your turnout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism