The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Stop it. Just stop it. You're killing me man!!! I'm racking my head over death wobble with my WJ (I'm thinking it's time to replace the stock lower control arms...but on't have the $ on hand right now to buy any), and you're doing all these cool add-ons!!! LOL!

Seriously....just when it seems you can't do any more cool stuff to your rig...nice job man!

theksmith

Explorer
Stop it. Just stop it. You're killing me man!!! I'm racking my head over death wobble with my WJ (I'm thinking it's time to replace the stock lower control arms...but on't have the $ on hand right now to buy any), and you're doing all these cool add-ons!!! LOL!

Seriously....just when it seems you can't do any more cool stuff to your rig...nice job man!

haha, thanks. i have another idea i'm working on that i think will be pretty neat once i get it figured out, entertainment system related. it'll be a few months though with the overland expo coming and i'm working a lot right now too.

bummer about the death wobble though. i assume you've already had the tires balanced and re-balanced again, and looked at the track bar bushings and the lower bolt hole for the track bar? as you said it could be control arm bushings... or TRE's, or ball-joints, or unit-bearings. often it's a combination of multiple parts worn past factory specs. hope you find the problem soon.

theksmith

Explorer
back from doing the Big 3 Tucson Trails, trip report and more pics here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2727

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

thanks to my friend Sarah for these rig shots:

DSCN1140.JPG

DSCN1154.JPG

DSCN1242.JPG

DSCN1312.JPG

DSCN1056.JPG

DSCN1163.JPG

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
haha, thanks. i have another idea i'm working on that i think will be pretty neat once i get it figured out, entertainment system related. it'll be a few months though with the overland expo coming and i'm working a lot right now too.

bummer about the death wobble though. i assume you've already had the tires balanced and re-balanced again, and looked at the track bar bushings and the lower bolt hole for the track bar? as you said it could be control arm bushings... or TRE's, or ball-joints, or unit-bearings. often it's a combination of multiple parts worn past factory specs. hope you find the problem soon.

Ugh, not as of yet, but soon. The WJ had to be towed to the shop over the weekend (had to have a faulty fuel pump replaced that was just done back at the end of January). Low fundage makes for extremely slow process in getting the WJ fixed...the two front tires are already showing bad tread wear on the insides. So as of now, I'm looking at new LCA's, then most likely new tires with balancing & all the works, then an alignment....unfortunately all of which will take quite a number of months to get to before it's all said & done.

theksmith

Explorer
had a detail done yesterday at a car wash. i'm never satisfied, but after i spend another half day finishing the job i figure the part i paid them for still saved some of my time.

Lufawnduh hasn't looked this good in a couple years!

before:

CIMG3011.JPG

after:

IMG_0438.JPG

i gave them $20 extra for a headlight restore which came out great!

before:

CIMG3010.JPG

after:

IMG_0440.JPG

i forgot to tell them not to put any shiny stuff on the exterior and so they went crazy with it not only on the tires, but all in the wheel wells and all the trim. i hate that stuff so i went to the DIY carwash afterwards and cleaned it all off. i also scrubbed the underside good so i could paint it all satin black this morning. i re-paint all the underside stuff once a year to keep rust away and it looks nice. here it is after painting:

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

madmax718

Explorer
Until the projector is installed, its still a sun shade. :) lol... just kidding, I love it.

How much space is inbetween the shell and the guts of the door? I'f there is enough space I'd love to do something funky with it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad