The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

theksmith

Explorer
Awesome Jeep! I have a question about how you wired your devices to the switch for power, how is that done?

i have 2 factory outlets, one is switched on by the ignition and the other is always on. i wired my accessories to the "switched" one first. then i jumpered from the positive wire on the "always on" one through a switch and connected that to the positive on the "switched" one. with my switch in the OFF position, all the accessories will get power from the "switched" side only (so they come on and off with the ignition). but with my switch in the ON position then they stay on constantly which is what i want when i'm on a trail run and end up stopping and starting many times to look at stuff, spot other rigs, take breaks, etc.

i'm actually over simplifying it because i did use relays because i had lots of accessories and was worried about drawing too much current through the switch - however the concept still applies. the way i described it is exactly how it was set up originally when i only had a few accessories drawing a few amps.

theksmith

Explorer
IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

DSCF6395.JPG

some shots by dzJeepChic:

DSCF6345.JPG

DSCF6353.JPG

DSCF6394.JPG

DSCN5715.JPG

theksmith

Explorer
big ***** rattler ..as always cool pics ..was that your broken shock mount?

yeah it ripped off while exploring a recently re-opened local trail! i'm not even sure which boulder took it out, someone noticed it while spotting me but didn't see it happen. then we went to remove the shock and the upper bolt broke off inside the frame rail! i still have to get that out and fix the mount :(

theksmith

Explorer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad