The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

theksmith

Explorer
excellent trip report by Offroad Passport co-founder DZJeepChic is now up - starts here (page 3, post 27): http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13142

and a new pic from D that i really liked:

DSCN1127.JPG

Jeff H

Adventurer
That battery setup is killer! I may have to copy that eventually. Your Jeep has been an inspiration in building mine..

theksmith

Explorer
That battery setup is killer! I may have to copy that eventually. Your Jeep has been an inspiration in building mine..

thanks! us few dub wheelers gotta stick together, though it is becoming a more popular platform in the past year even.

theksmith

Explorer
returned home just before midnight yesterday from a week in and around the San Rafael Swell, UT... now have to sort through nearly 1,000 pics i took!

here's a couple i really like so far:

P1040681.JPG

P1040782.JPG

had a great time except for one night when it got to 7 degrees - inside of tent and part of sleeping bag was all iced up!

K2ZJ

Explorer
returned home just before midnight yesterday from a week in and around the San Rafael Swell, UT... now have to sort through nearly 1,000 pics i took!

here's a couple i really like so far:

COME ON! TWO PICS?!?! Ripoff!

Seriously, more pics would be better!

Doppler

Nice build so far! I just got my 94 ZJ last year and have begun my build as of last month. So far mods include 5.5" Rusty's Offroad Long Arm, 33" Goodyear MTR's on Black steelies, and roof rack. I'm getting my bumpers from http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com you might check them out to see if Mike's design works with your build. I'll have to look at the specifics of your in dash PC, that's a pretty clean looking istall for as much tech as you have within reach and still having unobstructed view out the windshield.

Jakes01234

Explorer
i like that dual battery setup and the hot water setup and and well ok i like the entire thing that is one nice job your doing on this beastly WJ

bryweb

Like many have already said - WOW what a great build of your WJ you have done - I have been researching for weeks of WJ's to get ideas from and your WJ by far is the closest match to my goal of what I want to do with my WJ - I must say I see doing 90 percent of the same mods - NICE WORK!!!!!!

One question I had with all your rock climbing, have you ever had issues hitting your gas tank??? ever think about cutting out the spare tire area and raising the gas tank mod?? I like what you did with yours with the batteries and air tank, I don't rock climb a ton at this point (not many rocks in Florida) - but fear I may regret if I replicate your spare tire use vs. raising my tank.

AGAIN - GREAT JOB with your Jeep.

Thanks,

Bryan

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Sorry, a quick question a bit off topic....is there much difference between a 2002 and a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad