The Unnamed - 2019 Ram Power Wagon Build

St8ton

I’ve heard they didn’t make one for the 19 trucks... can u post a link to the one you have? Did it plug into the obd port or did you have to do like some folks (ram tazer) and remove the dash and and buy a separate wireing harness?
Hypertech
It does not require anything more than what is provided by Hypertech with the purchase. It comes with instructions.

A little simple research will go a long way. Google is your friend.

St8ton

Added the Softopper as a quick, lightweight and functional cap. Fairly dry storage for gear and the option of actually sleeping in the bed if needed. So far I really like it. Simple install/removal and I think it looks good. Coming from the Jeep world I'm familiar with working with the canvas and I like the utilitarian look.

WK6oGIRl.jpg

QZOUCtKl.jpg

g6jp9uAl.jpg

RRTX

I almost went with a Softopper just because of the cost, but I'm on the road a lot and carry stuff that I wanted secured a bit better so I broke down and ordered an ARE Overlander yesterday. I'm still debating on the Decked

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Fantastic photos OP, I love your build so far, it even kinda makes me miss my PW. The 5th Gen is definitely a better looking truck and from what I've seen it solved one of the biggest issues of the 4th Gens which were the horrid head lights. There were times I felt like I didn't have any head lights on at all, especially with 37's. I love the color you chose too, it's by far my favorite and what I wanted when I was shopping. Like others I settled for black due to the deal I got. I look forward to following along and seeing where your build goes from here.

Be careful with that exhaust cut like that, I read on another forum where a guy with his exhaust cut like that on a power wagon melted his rear park sensor wireing and had to replace the entire harness.

I got the manga flow exhaust, and when it goes into 4 cylinder mode it sounds terrible, do you notice that?

I dumped the stock exhaust on mine in a similar fashion and I never had any issues.

Did you fit a 37 in the spare spot?

Not possible, 35" is the biggest you can squeeze under there, at least on a 4th Gen and I doubt that the 5th Gen is any different in that regard. I made a mount in the bed for mine when I moved to 37's, not ideal but it worked. It's a shame that Expo1 is such a $hit show because their bumper would present the best option there.

moonpie

That’s a ************ truck, I’m usually pretty quiet on here, but I’d be careful running the fridge there. If your ever to get in a wreck I’d imagine your more likely to break before that fridge does. My bro in law was in a very bad wreck and had pulled his out the day before, after seeing his truck I realized the only reason he survived was his wasn’t in the truck.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
WRT the fridge, in both my Suburban and my F-150 we put it in the middle, directly behind the console. I'll bet yours would fit the same way. Basically just swap places between the PLB and the Fridge.

I don't know if you have a co-pilot or not, but having the fridge in the middle means the co-pilot (in my case it's my wife) can reach back and grab a drink or snack out of the fridge while we drive. Very convenient.

Very nice truck!

nater

Adventurer
WRT the fridge, in both my Suburban and my F-150 we put it in the middle, directly behind the console. I'll bet yours would fit the same way. Basically just swap places between the PLB and the Fridge.

I don't know if you have a co-pilot or not, but having the fridge in the middle means the co-pilot (in my case it's my wife) can reach back and grab a drink or snack out of the fridge while we drive. Very convenient.

Very nice truck!

I have been doing some measuring on my 2019 - I am pretty sure a fridge could replace the center jump seat (which is honestly useless for someone to sit there with the shifter and dash... Considering making that move :)

St8ton

^^^^^^^ Thanks for all the insight in to my refrigerator and location. ^^^^^^^
Thanks all,

-I'm not sure I follow on the wreck scenario.

-While it may fit in the middle, I prefer to run in one side or the other to access it while parked/stopped/at camp. We aren't messing around in the fridge while driving. If we need to, will just pull over and stop.

-Nater, Are you talking about removing the entire center console and swapping in a fridge?

nater

Adventurer
^^^^^^^ Thanks for all the insight in to my refrigerator and location. ^^^^^^^
Thanks all,

-I'm not sure I follow on the wreck scenario.

-While it may fit in the middle, I prefer to run in one side or the other to access it while parked/stopped/at camp. We aren't messing around in the fridge while driving. If we need to, will just pull over and stop.

-Nater, Are you talking about removing the entire center console and swapping in a fridge?

I am! I run a small fridge, so yours may not even be close to fitting. It would also be a pain in camp. I have a baby seat, a dog, and a wife in my rig, so inventive use of space sometimes requires less than ideal placement.

blackdmax15

Observer
I am! I run a small fridge, so yours may not even be close to fitting. It would also be a pain in camp. I have a baby seat, a dog, and a wife in my rig, so inventive use of space sometimes requires less than ideal placement.
So that was my plan with my ‘18. The issue I ran into with my ARB 50qt was that there is a transmission sensor or control module under that middle seat. This very well may be an Aisin thing or Cummins thing. Another thing you lose is the two vents to the rear and the plugs back there. Again this was on an ‘18 and diesel not a 5th gen PW.

Added the Softopper as a quick, lightweight and functional cap. Fairly dry storage for gear and the option of actually sleeping in the bed if needed. So far I really like it. Simple install/removal and I think it looks good. Coming from the Jeep world I'm familiar with working with the canvas and I like the utilitarian look.

Could you post some pictures of the interior and how the Softtopper mounts? I still haven't decided what to get either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater