Tiger (GT and XL) Hunting

suntinez

Explorer
Maybe we should rethink the effectiveness of a thread like this.:bigbossHL:

Funny! They are hard to find though.

Seriously if you're looking, keep an eye on the database here. Have to register to see the database. That's how I found mine - the sellers had it listed in a local green sheet, then someone from that group went to see it and posted up about it.

Heidi's onboard now and wants to take over the world, not a bad thing :sombrero:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
The ad has been deleted already and he never emailed me back. Either sold, or he got 10 responses right away so it will reappear in 2 weeks for $5500.

I was going to say, for $2,000 i would have flown up and drove it home. Probably gone or listed it too low.

T.Low

Expedition Leader

I'm out.

This 2010 version of my bike is not supposed to be available in the U.S., but somehow I may have found one still in the crate.:drool:

2010_ec450_800.jpg

T.Low

Expedition Leader
It's no problem to lift these older chassis the same as T.Low and others have with the newer one, right?

I don't see what the differences could be.

Hey Troy, I hear there's pretty good riding around Bend? Our paddling friend's live there and are former cross country ski Olympians, but I've never rode an enduro there before and was thinking about going to an event in Sept. Probably won't because I'm not an event kinda guy so much anymore...but the riding sounds great. Sorta thinking about it.

and Weezerbot, too bad about those Red Wings. They'll contend again next year, no doubt.

TroySmith80

Adventurer
Great dual sport riding around here. Very, very dusty in the summer though, in a lot of places anyway.

I just spent some of my van budget on a 2002 DRZ400S.... oops. :)

I've had motorcyles since i was 8 years old, pretty much continuously. And more than one for most of the last several years. Sold them all 2 years ago to buy my westy. Pretty excited to have one again. I pick it up tomorrow.

Great XC mtn bike riding here too. Great DH riding in Hood River (post canyon) or near Dallas (Black Rock). We have one little hill here with a couple DH trails, but mostly all XC in this area. If you're ever in the area, let me know, happy to fill you in or show you around. Spare room too for that matter.

Great restaurants, breweries (8 and counting in our town of 80,000 people) and music too.

And skiing, Bachelor isn't amazing, but decent backcountry skiing too. And lots of good lakes and backpacking in the summer. Pretty world class fishing too I'm told, but i wouldn't know, don't have the patience for it.

Um, have i ever mentioned that i love Bend? Of course, you're not exactly from Kansas either, not sure how we compare to Bham, but i'd love to get up there sometime and see. I know our big mountains are much fewer and further between than the north cascades. Sometimes that's a good thing though.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
It's no problem to lift these older chassis the same as T.Low and others have with the newer one, right?

I guess I need to clarify this:

An awd is easy to lift and to swap a 4wd 2 spd Tcase into.

A 2wd is different; it has a different sub frame. No body lift, a coil spring lift instead. The reviews so far seems to be a pretty harsh ride and not all plush like the lifted awd, after a fight of a time getting the new coil springs in. So it's a much harsher ride and still only a 2wd.

The few guys that have swapped a 4x4 into a 2wd basically had to find a awd donor van for the project and have said they doubt they'd do it again. Even then, the sub frames are different for certain years, so not just any awd donor may work.

Part of the appeal for me is the plush IFS ride on the FS roads with an easy peasy 4x4 swap into an existing awd set up. I don't want to trial and error a project like this only to find out that my SAS rides like an empty cement mixer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL