Tran-America Trail: July 2008

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
AWESOME VIDEO!!! I dig the teeny bit of front wheel action in the frame. Did you shoot that with my VIO-POV? If so, I'm stoked. That looks great.

As I was watching the highway footage I about leaned out of my chair!!!

Looks like fun.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Agreed!!! The front tire knobbies turning in the lower corner of the frame is awesome :)

Flounder said:
AWESOME VIDEO!!! I dig the teeny bit of front wheel action in the frame. Did you shoot that with my VIO-POV? If so, I'm stoked. That looks great.

As I was watching the highway footage I about leaned out of my chair!!!

Looks like fun.

JRhetts

Adventurer
Scott

As of Thurs 7/17 noon PDT you have no locations registerng on the SPOT website. Two days ago, you had some in central CO. Then yesterday your tracklog to ER was there, along with a couple more marks in central CO near Teluride.

Now nothing. A gremlin or intentional?

John

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
JRhetts said:
Scott

Now nothing. A gremlin or intentional?

John
Maybe both. The TAT route is more or less a product offered by a single guy. He sells the route info to adventure seekers. Scott mentioned on this very thread that he didn't want to give away the TAT route and put the poor fella out of business. So, Scott is probably just giving us the teaser route. Integrity in action!!!

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Out of respect of Sam's efforts on the TAT route, I am going to turn off automatic tracking with the SPOT, but will be sure to send several "Ok" messages throughout the day, which will show-up on the share page.

::::

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Flounder said:
It's pretty cool to see it in action on a moto. So far I've only used it on a mountain bike. I hope Scott gets to use it to capture some gnarly stuff.

For those into fun video options, here is the camera we're talking about:

https://www.vio-pov.com/

Glad you dig that system. A buddy of mine is the founder and CEO of the company. Back around '97/'98 we would go riding and he'd be monkeying around with contraptions that were derived from security cameras. In fact, one of his first, if not first, is following me down a gnarly local singletrack just outside of town here. The new stuff has come along way. I'm psyched to how successful the company has been. Dave is a really great guy and avid biker and outdoorsman.

Scott Brady

Founder
over the Divide and into Moab

We have crossed the Continental Divide and over the La Sal Mountains and into Moab. Currently camped out surrounded by slickrock.

Our most technical day yet, with deep mud, water crossings, wet rocks and relentless mud (did I already say that?). In incredible adventure so far!

Scott Brady

Founder
TAT_divide.jpg

DarinM

Explorer
Cool

I get the same thing, Chuck.
The difference between you and me is that I'm actually quite OK with not seeing Brian's legs. :coffeedrink:

Scott and Brian - looks like y'all are having a great time and seeing some amazing scenery. Be safe and keep sharing pictures and videos.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
DarinM said:
I get the same thing, Chuck.
The difference between you and me is that I'm actually quite OK with not seeing Brian's legs. :coffeedrink:

Scott and Brian - looks like y'all are having a great time and seeing some amazing scenery. Be safe and keep sharing pictures and videos.

Good point Darin. :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal