Tran-America Trail: July 2008

Paul R

Adventurer
Looks like an awesome trip! I'm glad the weather is starting to work out for you agian :)
Safe travels! :D

Scott Brady

Founder
We are within striking distance of the Pacific Ocean. Most likely tomorrow, late afternoon.

The 950 is having fuel delivery problems, which seem to be isolated to a Carter fuel pump installed by the prior owner. It remains intermittent, so I will buy a replacement in the morning from NAPA (in Canyonville) and we will press on, and swap it out if required.

Anyone live in Ashland or Medford? I will be there for some routine maint to the 950, and we could do a little meet-and-greet.

I will post pictures and more video soon - promise!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I've missed this thread for a long time.....due to my travels.

I hope it works out well for you....Scott.....in the morning!

I just Love Oregon!

Have fun!

.............Be Safe!:roost:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
expeditionswest said:
The 950 is having fuel delivery problems, which seem to be isolated to a Carter fuel pump installed by the prior owner.
Scott- Fuel delivery problems aren't uncommon on the 950 (you probably already knew that). While you're sitting around at camp check every inch of tubing on the fuel system, including vent lines. I had a vent line that got pinched between the engine and frame. When the engine got to a certain temp it would expand enough to pinch the line and cause the bike to stutter. If I took it easy or shut the bike off for awhile it would cool down and run fine, again. Of the handful of fuel problems I had with the 950, the pinched vent line was the most frustrating.

Congrats on making it to OR! I was just there on the GS. Wish I would've timed it better to buy you a beer. Keep it safe!

Jeremy

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I just checked spot. Looks like you guys are tanning on the beach. Congrats!

Scott Brady

Founder
The end...

TAT_the_end.jpg

Willman

mountainpete said:
Congratulations guys! Looking foward to more pics and video!

Ditto!!!

What a great bunch of stories you guys will have around the ET campfire!!!

Your guys butts must be happy!!!:)

Congrads!!!

:victory:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
goodtimes said:
damn good bacon cheeseburgers and chocolate malts in Denio Junction...should any ever pass through there. Just don't blink, you'll miss it.

I was there on the 25th. Just missed you...kinda. We also had a $4.00 milkshake and it was great. Nothing like a Denio milkshake to help swallow the dust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online