Truma Combi? users comments?

Oka 374

There is a chinese copy of the Truma made by Belief which works exactly the same and is cheaper here in Oz.
Surely someone distributes the Belief diesel stuff in the US as it is of good qua;ity and works well.

Bergger

Explorer
I know this thread is now nearly 4 years old, but... you still can't buy Truma Combi heaters consumer-direct in the US. I'm surprised they haven't sorted this yet.

If any of y'all found licensed installers to add one to your DIY rig, how'd you do it? Most of the folks I see selling them are selling complete campers more than standalone install services.

You'll probably have to find a smaller Overland/Camper shop that uses them and also does aftermarket installs on rigs. I know AT Overland is a licensed installer as they install the Truma Vario heater in their campers and installed one in my At Summit Topper. I know on their Aterra camper they use the Vario heater and separate Truma AquaGo water heater. They have several dealers across the country who may also be licensed installers for Truma products and all of them do aftermarket installs on anyones vehicles. I'd contact AT and see if they would order and install a Combi unit for you instead of the Vario/AuquaGo heater setup. Or maybe one of their dealers who is closer may do it.

sn_85

Observer
There is a chinese copy of the Truma made by Belief which works exactly the same and is cheaper here in Oz.
Surely someone distributes the Belief diesel stuff in the US as it is of good qua;ity and works well.

I wonder if this is the same unit you're talking about. Looks like a Truma Combi copy.

ReluctantTraveler

Like some others in this thread, I'd much rather do the install myself and fully understand how my system works, which means I guess I'm back to looking at separate water/heat units. As far as I can tell, Truma is the only trusted brand with a combo unit.

Thanks y'all!

Hegear

Like some others in this thread, I'd much rather do the install myself and fully understand how my system works, which means I guess I'm back to looking at separate water/heat units. As far as I can tell, Truma is the only trusted brand with a combo unit.

Thanks y'all!
i have a gas fueled aqua hot. they make it in diesel and propane aswell. So far so good, very efficient creates a lot of heat, and hot water. It’s new though so only time will tell how it holds up.

sg1

Adventurer
Truma heaters and the Combi are sold to consumers in Europe. Install is pretty straight forward. Truma understandably won´t sell to consumers in the US because of the extremly expensive and unpredictable product liability risks in the US.

ReluctantTraveler

i have a gas fueled aqua hot. they make it in diesel and propane aswell. So far so good, very efficient creates a lot of heat, and hot water. It’s new though so only time will tell how it holds up.
I'm sorry I didn't respond to this a few months ago. Just revisiting this thread, and WOW these look like nice options! Tankless heating? Hell yea!
How are you finding propane consumption with something like that? That's my biggest concern with tankless.

We have a tankless heater in our home, and it uses a high volume of gas when in operation (offset by not continuously reheating a water tank, of course).

ReluctantTraveler

Truma heaters and the Combi are sold to consumers in Europe. Install is pretty straight forward. Truma understandably won´t sell to consumers in the US because of the extremly expensive and unpredictable product liability risks in the US.

Are you saying it's because America is sue-happy, whereas Europe doesn't have such a litigious culture?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Are you saying it's because America is sue-happy, whereas Europe doesn't have such a litigious culture?

I can certainly confirm that. We are based in Canada and because we sell into the USA our liability insurance is almost 4x more than just selling in Canada. There is tons of very cool innovative manufacturers around the globe that would love to sell in the US but are scarred about the liability.

ReluctantTraveler

I can certainly confirm that. We are based in Canada and because we sell into the USA our liability insurance is almost 4x more than just selling in Canada. There is tons of very cool innovative manufacturers around the globe that would love to sell in the US but are scarred about the liability.

wow! That’s so frustrating!

off-topic: I had messaged TC earlier last week and haven’t heard back. Should I follow up, message you directly, something else?

Im interested in a custom camper box.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
wow! That’s so frustrating!

off-topic: I had messaged TC earlier last week and haven’t heard back. Should I follow up, message you directly, something else?

Im interested in a custom camper box.

Sorry about the delay in response. We just took a 2 week break before show season is hitting us. Back in the office tomorrow.

Cheers

I was just looking at a travel trailer made in Tennesse. Truma is one of their options
Truma seems to sell to the builders, not the individual. As I gathered background info on the Combi I talked to their tech support. When he realized I would be an end user, he stopped talking. But my builder had no issue and I am happy with the Combi in my popup.

Sent using Tapatalk

ReluctantTraveler

I was just looking at a travel trailer made in Tennesse. Truma is one of their options

Not surprised to hear that. Several American RV manufacturers (including Airstream) have them.

If you read up the thread a little, the issue is that they will not sell directly to consumers in the US. Their website and literature state that you must have the purchase and install done through a licensed dealer or your warranty is voided.

That's not the case in Europe, where you can buy them consumer-direct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle