Trump's 03 Tacoma

trump

Adventurist
pssshhhh 240s ****** man :D im rocking some too for my main driving lights.

Love them :cool:

I love how clean your rig looks man. The flip pack is sick. might have to change and go the route some day..

Thanks man. The 240's are so comically oversized that they make me smile every time I see them. BTW I forgot you're rocking a '96... there's something about that front grill I still enjoy.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Thanks man. The 240's are so comically oversized that they make me smile every time I see them. BTW I forgot you're rocking a '96... there's something about that front grill I still enjoy.

I know they draw so much attention its hilarious haha Work well though. Have yet to see a light that can match their distance. My hella 500s with 55w HIDs are brighter..but don't go as far.

And yea man. Love the 96 :) Technically my "second one". its the best grill cause it still to me kind of resembles the early yota trucks.

what are the gauges for on the box on the left?

trump

Adventurist
what are the gauges for on the box on the left?

The one on the left is a Safe-T-Alert SA-1 Gas Vapor Detector. It sounds a warning if the 5 lb propane tank inside that bench leaks.

On the right is a Xantrex LinkPRO battery monitor. It monitors both batteries and can read remaining amp/hrs like a fuel gauge. It can also calculate how long I can sit before I kill the house battery.

rickashay

Explorer
Very nice build. Totally tailored to your uses and super functional, and it looks awesome to top it all off!

BTW, I'm running the same sleeping bags in the LONG format for my 6'6" frame. They are really nice bags at a reasonable price and I even like the iphone/mp3 pocket on the inside. Funny you mentioned the Nemo Fillo pillows, as I'm thinking of picking up a pair. Glad to see a positive review for them.

Cheers

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
The one on the left is a Safe-T-Alert SA-1 Gas Vapor Detector. It sounds a warning if the 5 lb propane tank inside that bench leaks.

On the right is a Xantrex LinkPRO battery monitor. It monitors both batteries and can read remaining amp/hrs like a fuel gauge. It can also calculate how long I can sit before I kill the house battery.

ahhhh very cool. I need one of those for my batteries. I bough two small volt gauges for quick checks but knowing amps will be WAY more useful.

Thanks.

trump

Adventurist
Very nice build. Totally tailored to your uses and super functional, and it looks awesome to top it all off!

BTW, I'm running the same sleeping bags in the LONG format for my 6'6" frame. They are really nice bags at a reasonable price and I even like the iphone/mp3 pocket on the inside. Funny you mentioned the Nemo Fillo pillows, as I'm thinking of picking up a pair. Glad to see a positive review for them.

Cheers

Thanks! I was thinking about getting the long model as well (I'm 6'2"), but I settled on the regular length because I found it on sale. IIRC I've got about 3-4" of length to work with. If I were any taller I think it would be necessary. You really can go wrong with Nemo gear, very nice stuff.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Looking good Mark. Did you guys do South Pass in Saline? I just got back last night and the washboard on South Pass is the worst Ive seen. Just no good harmonic zone with it. North Pass is cake compared to SP. Hope you enjoyed finally getting out to Saline. Awesome place that draws me back time and time again. This trip out my friend found the real "marble bath".

trump

Adventurist
Looking good Mark. Did you guys do South Pass in Saline? I just got back last night and the washboard on South Pass is the worst Ive seen. Just no good harmonic zone with it. North Pass is cake compared to SP. Hope you enjoyed finally getting out to Saline. Awesome place that draws me back time and time again. This trip out my friend found the real "marble bath".

We came in from the north and left via Lippencott pass. The washboard before turning toward the pass was no joke.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
South pass was better last year. It still had washboard but you could get to the sweet spot at speed. Not this year after the storms in August.

trump

Adventurist
A little update to add from this weekend... The center and headlight hoops have been added to the truck. It has been difficult trying to find the time to get up to All-Pro and finally have this done, but I finally made it.

8de957c5-7139-4328-ba99-e04adcdab4bd_zps8dc81ac2.jpg

I'm really happy with the way these hoops don't look like an afterthought on this bumper. They protect my lights and grill, but still match the look of the front end. The center hoop, head on, looks like a perfect match of the center section of the grill. The outside ends of the headlight hoops wrap around and match the angles of the corner lights. The top of the headlight hoops angle slightly downward matching the top curve of the headlights. All of it just looks like it belongs on the truck; whereas many of the aftermarket offerings seem rather generic IMO.

2013-02-18165554_zpsb648c2f9.jpg

This shot shows that even with the massive Lightforce 240's, the center hoop nicely protects the lights. :victory:

xjaugie

Adventurer
Truck looks good, something about white expo trucks that just turn out looking the part. Even if I do drive a blue yota.

barlowrs

Explorer
Looks very nice! I'm a bit dissapointed though, the hoop makes the 240s fit in nicely, so they dont look as silly anymore. Now I wont laugh quite as much everytime I see the giant things HAHAHA.

trump

Adventurist
Truck looks good, something about white expo trucks that just turn out looking the part. Even if I do drive a blue yota.

Thanks. I agree, I do love white paint on trucks. I think most of that is due to growing up in the desert though.

Looks very nice! I'm a bit dissapointed though, the hoop makes the 240s fit in nicely, so they dont look as silly anymore. Now I wont laugh quite as much everytime I see the giant things HAHAHA.

:D

Zam15

Explorer
Hoop there it is! Looking good, the hoops on mine have already saved my lights a few times. What's next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal