UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Good news... Undid the latch and the hatch is starting to hold its original shape. Actually going to need to either shorten the latch or move the catch.

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well the harch is tarting to pull back into shape taking less effort each time to latch it.
Any ways got all the fittings for the shower setup. Her its is going.
a5yzeran.jpg

Also got my bearings for the DIY fridge slide. 20 bucks at Big5.
y5azuqes.jpg
Going down to get some steel to finish my dads rear hi lift/gas can holder and also the slide setup and my triple gas can holder.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
haha even better. i more looking to build a complete slide out for my entire cargo stuff in the rear of my runner. the problem is when the tail gate is down, its reach to get to the items in the back, just behind the rear seat area.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Zuk you're the man! Can't wait to see the second gen of this trailer will a full load of options. You should give up fire fighting and become a trailer Guru. :victory: Keep up the good work!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Maybe when my kids are older and dont like hanging out with me anymore or they are in scholl all day. But looking back i can see a ton of ways I could have done it different and make it better. Well not much really went on this weekend. I finished my dads gas and jack carrier for his hummer.
upe6any6.jpg

Cleaned my garage up.
I ran the wires in to the tongue box for the battery and built the jerry can holder. I will post some pictures tonight after I paint it.

Ordered my hatch led light and the gas struts for the hatch. After I order the door trim it will be usable!

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well I meant to post a couple of days ago and got busy. Anyways finished the jerrycan mount.
ygaqabem.jpg

Later done the road I will build a locking system for the top of it. Finished installing all the trip on the hatch and the seals. Got a set of gas shocks in for the hatch from a TD company and they are no way the right length to work. Hoping to drop by napa and get another set.

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
so when do your tear drops go into production?

looking good. hope there is a trip planned soon so we can see it in action

silvrzuki77

explorer
A photo in case the video doesnt work.
ujy3u3a7.jpg

Got a lot of progress on the fridge slide today also. I will post pics later on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77