UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Just looking at the photo it seems you need almost a 100% extension, no can do without a double extension or projecting the mechanism back further (in which case it's no longer 100% :)).

Even still if I bought a manufactured one Im in the same situation not being able to pull out.
Why? They can do 100% extension.

What's above the fridge? Can you hinge that up?

silvrzuki77

explorer
Gray your right on the 100% slider. I actually had that same thought about cutting the counter top and hinging it. Just cant bring myself to do that yet. lol

trail-explorer

Adventurer
Hinging the counter would work, but the you'd have to engineer some sort of support to hold it open while you access the fridge. More gas struts maybe?

silvrzuki77

explorer
Then i might have issues having a strut hanging below hitting the fridge lol. Going to look into 100% fridge slides and then look into building my own. Need to get my garage setup with my metal break and dimple die and make something really sweet.

Mashurst

Adventurer
I think Im going to get to a point with those bearings it will end up being to thick on the sides? Unless you have a different idea?
I'm not sure what your space constraints are but I would think with your demonstrated fab skills you could put a second set of roller Below/above the first with only minimal space consumed to the sides.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Ahh I see what you mean. I had a different idea than yours, going to have to look at it again. Good idea.

Im having trouble finding any US made fridge slides and the ones that are made are just using accuride locking sliders.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well kind of weird cleaning everything up polyurethaning the galley area. Added a paper towel holder. I know it looks like it blocks the LED light but doesnt.
mu6yryta.jpg

Cleaned up the interior electrical and got that squared away.
Added my futon mattress fits perfect and comfy!
ejube9an.jpg

Think Im going to add this ammo can except cleaned up and lockable to the passenger side. Still have room for the compression latch be able to add wheel chocks in front and a little room to store whatever on the side of it.
The other side will have the propane tank down the road to kind of balance everything.
na2ymupy.jpg

Have a overnight shakedown run the 18th. Going to order the door trim tomorrow as well as electric brakes. Then just need to pick up a battery for now.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Funny, I was looking at your posts and was going to ask if you could post pics of how you finished the edge of the side door.lol Looking really good. I like the ammo can idea maybe build some kind of quick release so you could take it off the fender? Is anything every really finished?

silvrzuki77

explorer
Going to order some T trim from socalteardrop soon. I bought some weather resistant rubber seals from lowes today and put then on the inside frame seals up great! The ammo box will be a bolt on deal. Got some little projects to do tomorrow. Electric brakes are on their way,

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Your never done zuk, trust me. I spent the whole day putting a dish tv with tailgater system in. New gas struts, mounted roto pax on the passenger fender. Tomorrow making a new front wheel with a tube tire. Now I have decided I need more 12 volt outlets. I also knocked a hole in my water tank the other day, backed over something, looks like it might have been a metal pole or something. I know when I did, back up on the side of the road. Had to patch it as headed to St George next Thursday. Will put skids on it when I redo the tank. Just another day, another thousand dollars, no big deal, the wife loves it!!!!! I keep telling her she does anyway.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I am designing one a little wider in the box area, a less angled top, that may, and I repeat may, flip open to house a roof top tent. With access from inside the trailer to the tent. I am also working on a four sided pop up. Wanting to do all this with aluminum. The next one will have the EFOY fuel cell system in it.

Unfortunately my company has decided I need to work more!!!! Have several tower builds, redesign and locate. I had been relieved of those duties, but the last two guys, have both been fired due to lack of production. It pays way too much not to do what they want and need, so that takes priority for at least the next 6 months I think.

I do have a scheduled build to start the end of this month, but it will be like the prior ones, so most likely not posting much of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77