UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Now I have brakes! Pretty darn easy install except for one dust cover!!!
4y7u2a2u.jpg

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
If your going to take them off road they better have brakes. 1000 pounds is enough to make your shorts different colors very easily. Nothing worse than something pushing you down an off camber hill.

some even have brakes that are controlled for each wheel.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Yup what Bob said :) My hummer actually has huge brakes on it but the slow going on hills and what not better safe than sorry.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Last summer I saw a lightly loaded military type trailer with tent on top, almost roll at FJ on Rose Garden. Brakes would have stopped the trailer easily, You can use the brakes only on the trailer to steer the truck or actually move boulders out of the way. Brakes on trailers are your friend, and you never need them until you DO!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Brakes are a very good call. They are next up on the list for me on my CDN M101...loaded I guestimate it at 1200#. It does indeed push me around a bit and on gravel especially.

What brand are those and do they have the parking brake option? I don't see a cable so I assume no?

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Dexter makes one with the parking brake lever. I have never used it, plan on giving it a try on the next one.

silvrzuki77

explorer
They are not e brake at the moment. I have plans in the future! They are from southwest wheel. I had ordered my axle from them.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well took the trailer to work today got the exterior all polished up. Pulled great at 75 nothing weird or anything. Picking a battery up friday and loading up for a overnighter friday.
y3e6uje3.jpg
edu8e6uj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77