UJOR Build Thread

Kowboy

Adventurer
jade2.JPG

WOW! :Wow1:

It never ceases to amaze me what some Folks do to their rigs.

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
Chris, will you be re-using the D60 axle or can't it be modified to fit the leaf?

Also what was the purpose of that 4x2(ish) box section welded between the frame horns at the front?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I had to close the doors so my Quigley doesnt see the brutality.

Thats funny!

That looks like a good diet plan...lol

Quick one too!

Chris, will you be re-using the D60 axle or can't it be modified to fit the leaf?

Also what was the purpose of that 4x2(ish) box section welded between the frame horns at the front?

Yes, I'll be widening the perches to make it 38". Thats on my list for today :) It had a front receiver welded on.

ben2go

Adventurer
Chris,glad to see that crap is outta there.Was the frame really rusty under those crumby welds?Surprised there wasn't rust holes under the track bar mounts.Gawd that was awful work by the PO.

WOW! :Wow1:

It never ceases to amaze me what some Folks do to their rigs.

If you think that's bad,you should see the rear.It doesn't stop with just the front end. :Wow1:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I know the PO, and I'm 99% sure he didn't make the mods, he bought it like that. We don't know who's responsible for it....

Lopracer

Dear lord, now I am really glad I didn't get too close trying to get a look at that beast in traffic. There is no telling when it might have let go. I am really glad to see it getting the proper treatment.

ben2go

Adventurer
I know the PO, and I'm 99% sure he didn't make the mods, he bought it like that. We don't know who's responsible for it....

Yeah sorry bout that.I was referring to the PO before the previous PO.Does that make any sense?Gees,I ain't gud at getting my thoughts out in text.

BTW,the GF like your Ranger, but she said," hell to the no," about me doing the bed and front fenders like you yours. Dang it!Where's the crying smiley when ya need one.

blupaddler

Conspirator
This is all really great and all.
But I REALLY wish you could work your magic on the 1991 and older vans...

Seeing these vans makes me want to upgrade to a newer model.

BTW, Great work as usual!!!

tribeof5

Adventurer
I was one of the previous owners and I promise I didn't build it. Only owned it for 6 months. It scared the heck out of me on more than one occasion. We wanted a solid van to haul our 5 boys and all their gear to ball tournaments and camping and such. That van was not it. Glad to see you are making it right Chris. Cya soon.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yeah sorry bout that.I was referring to the PO before the previous PO.Does that make any sense?Gees,I ain't gud at getting my thoughts out in text.

I know what you mean, just didn't want anyone to feel like they were being attacked for something they didn't do (or request) :)

This is all really great and all.
But I REALLY wish you could work your magic on the 1991 and older vans...

Seeing these vans makes me want to upgrade to a newer model.
BTW, Great work as usual!!!

Thanks! Maybe someday.... when I get bored with the 92 to current!

I was one of the previous owners and I promise I didn't build it. Only owned it for 6 months. It scared the heck out of me on more than one occasion. We wanted a solid van to haul our 5 boys and all their gear to ball tournaments and camping and such. That van was not it. Glad to see you are making it right Chris. Cya soon.

You need to swing by for a test drive when it's back on the ground. I'll have the front axle back in tomorrow.

ben2go

Adventurer
I know what you mean, just didn't want anyone to feel like they were being attacked for something they didn't do (or request) :)

Sorry bout that.I wasn't meaning to sound like I was attacking anyone.I should just say that the person that modified the suspension on that van needs to study up some more.It was a dangerous set up.Happy to know it held up long enough to be properly upgraded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach