UJOR Build Thread

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
We have a small pic in this month's Petersons 4Wheel & Offroad, they did a big story on oddball 4x4's. Happy to rep the 4x4 van crowd.

1506980_919420228077206_8036139539209112238_n.jpg

Congrats Chris, terrific press!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I love Mondays.

Blue 7.3 van took it first parking lot laps today, looks great out in the sun!

10441295_921848344501061_381002547522107233_n.jpg

V7 getting some fluid changes. Even though it only has 11k I want to make sure everything is fresh!

10361264_921863947832834_4078410023445278707_n.jpg

And, happy to announce that we're expanding! Been working on this for a few months, this shop is next to ours. We'll be blasting a hole in the wall but this side will be getting a few machines to increase production and make parts quicker. Will also help with custom work and prototyping. Adding this capacity will free up some time for new products too, we've been maxed out for a while so new development has been slow. I'll post pics as the fab shop takes shape!

10256796_921850327834196_6177495042513651754_n.jpg

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
It's probably just a major PITA..

I read something that the fuel tanks have an aux nozzle that a diesel heater can just plug right up to. Is that something that will still be there after your tank modifications? I'm not sure what kind of heater I'm getting yet, I'm just weighing my options.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Exactly, not what we do. These projects just take up too much time and space! The challenge is nice and the cool factor is there but projects of this magnitude will only be done for certain people.

Thats the 1st hint at a big project I won't speak of yet...........

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
It's probably just a major PITA..

I read something that the fuel tanks have an aux nozzle that a diesel heater can just plug right up to. Is that something that will still be there after your tank modifications? I'm not sure what kind of heater I'm getting yet, I'm just weighing my options.

Yes, our tanks as well as the tanks we cut down all keep the stock sending unit that have the aux port.

151fab

Observer
Fuel tank mod doesn't remove or encroach on any ports, vents, etc. I have mine out and finished, putting it back in last because without it there's a nice cavity for you to work on t-case, d-shafts, etc. I'll try to post a pic of the tank and its ports tomorrow.

Regarding the water heaters; I always liked the heat exchangers because they were simple & effective, though maybe not economical to run a v-8 just to warm your shower.

Edit: Sorry, just saw Chris answered this a few min ago

Last edited:

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Thanks for the info. I was thinking space heater. I take cold showers anyway and hopefully I won't have to be taking showers outside when I'm in the mountains boarding...

fmboss429

Observer
Exactly, not what we do. These projects just take up too much time and space! The challenge is nice and the cool factor is there but projects of this magnitude will only be done for certain people.

Thats the 1st hint at a big project I won't speak of yet...........

Staying tuned!

derjack

Adventurer
We show how to make the 5R110 mods in our instructions as well as our install videos. The 4R100/E4OD is harder because the transmission needs to be torn down for the mods. This needs to be done by a pro, we don't do it here at our shop.

Swapping from the 4R100 to 5R110 may be possible but no one has done it to my knowledge. Would require some tricky computer work along with a lot of other custom mods.

Hi Chris,

thanks for that. I don´t want to steal your thread with my personal issues but I think you can help me out easy with some information:

I´ve an 92 Quigley 7.3 IDI N/A E3/60/E4OD from Ford Motor Norge.
BORG WARNER MODEL: 1356 SERIAL# HI92-3-2593 PART # 1 7 56-0 0 0 -0 02
EXTENSION HOUSING QTTX-891
My tranny makes trouble (no OD, and no upshift after a burned alternator/dead batteries (this can be just a fuse or something minor)). Tranny rebuild in Germany are 3500$ + core, so not an option.
Question: Can I swap an E4OD from an F250/350 4x4 into that rig? Tailhouse is different from an 2WD to an 4WD as I´ve seen on pictures. Can it be swapped from an 2WD to fit? What options do I have on sourcing a used one? Getting a used tranny is difficult and expensive but obviously cheaper than a rebuild (for a 20 year old rig).

Will I get any trouble with the electronic controlling of the tranny and where is it located normally? Is this different from a gas to a diesel engine (as the rpm range/ torque curve is so different/ upshift points).

You know these Europeans have no clue from automatic trannys :smilies27

[PS: I already e-mailed Quigley twice but didn´t receive any answer :(]

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
happy to announce that we're expanding! Been working on this for a few months, this shop is next to ours. We'll be blasting a hole in the wall but this side will be getting a few machines to increase production and make parts quicker. Will also help with custom work and prototyping. Adding this capacity will free up some time for new products too, we've been maxed out for a while so new development has been slow. I'll post pics as the fab shop takes shape!
]

Chris,
Congrats on expanding your shop, that is good news. :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl