UJOR Build Thread

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Final punch lists before this rig heads back to CA next week!

12359864_1088002827885611_6932036128334195040_n.jpg

Well that doesn't look cool at all.

DzlToy

Explorer
Chris,

How much of a lead time do you normally run and how long does a "typical" conversion take (not a frame off resto or bolting on bumpers type of deal)

It seems like you turn these around pretty regularly and always have new vans coming in. It sounds like you have an efficient system in place and some good people on hand to be able to do this and turn out consistent quality work in a time manner on each and every project.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris,

How much of a lead time do you normally run and how long does a "typical" conversion take (not a frame off resto or bolting on bumpers type of deal)

It seems like you turn these around pretty regularly and always have new vans coming in. It sounds like you have an efficient system in place and some good people on hand to be able to do this and turn out consistent quality work in a time manner on each and every project.

I like to be at ~ 6-8 weeks from time of deposit. Thats within the normal lead time for springs and some axle parts (if we're doing the RSC upgrade) I've been focusing on inventory control a lot this year to make things flow and yes, I have a great crew. Lots of planning in my head and staying on top of suppliers to keep it flowing! We can do a normal no frills conversion in 3-4 days depending on the exact model. Sure, some take much longer for extras and can get hung up waiting for things.

Some guys drop off the van before I have a deposit, I try to be flexible for everyone and their schedule for shipping. Just had another new arrival today!

I've also been better about saying no to certain projects and jobs that eat up too much time and resources.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
For MG----

2013 E350 5.4, 6" on 35's, Black Rock wheels, BFG AT, Fox 2.0's, Stage 2 front axle w/RSC upgrade, 4.56's front & rear. Sienna seats and Aluminess nerf bars before she goes back home.

12299295_1088169524535608_7004515420302691819_n.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I like to be at ~ 6-8 weeks from time of deposit. Thats within the normal lead time for springs and some axle parts (if we're doing the RSC upgrade) I've been focusing on inventory control a lot this year to make things flow and yes, I have a great crew. Lots of planning in my head and staying on top of suppliers to keep it flowing! We can do a normal no frills conversion in 3-4 days depending on the exact model. Sure, some take much longer for extras and can get hung up waiting for things.

Some guys drop off the van before I have a deposit, I try to be flexible for everyone and their schedule for shipping. Just had another new arrival today!

I've also been better about saying no to certain projects and jobs that eat up too much time and resources.

This is a very smart, and customer-centric, businessman right here. All to make the UJOR experience even better, and sustainable for the long haul (saying no is difficult, but the right decision for your core clients. I know I'm speaking to the choir here).
HUGE kudos Chris. :friday: Now where my brakes be? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven