UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
What tire size on the left one?

255/85/16s all the way around.

Damn, those Class C's look pretty awesome.

I agree, want one!

And both ClassC's from NY?? What are the odds? ;)

Yea, we've got 5 or 6 rolling around on LI.

I just messed myself. Very nice. Some day, soon I hope. Where do these guys take them out to play?

Mainly beach use. They're too big to go anywhere else and the structural integrity of the camper is eh, so so.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Recent build that went to FL, passing thru town for a ck up on his way back from his pop top install at SMB Indiana. He's done a lot since we finished!

15232257_1358026444216580_4455368569037531726_n.jpg

stormlover

Adventurer
Those are just the black housings and turn signals. You can get them on amazon for around $100. Doesn't look like a retrofitted headlight or anything.

My bad. I thought an HID upgrade came with clear turn signals. And it does look like there's LED strip light at the bottom of the housing. Why go to the effort to change out the colors on the shyte OEM lights just for looks? Guess I've done stranger things.

kccourtney

Observer
Those are just the black housings and turn signals. You can get them on amazon for around $100. Doesn't look like a retrofitted headlight or anything.

You guys are both right. They are the readily available housings and signals but custom fitted with projectors by Vantage Optics. Look them up. Cool stuff. I'm just waiting for him to start playing with the switchback rope lights to run around the perimeters of those housings as well (hint, hint Redoval) and then he'll be hearing from me.

Ranchero

Wanderer
Chris or anyone - Can you share share info on how you hook up the NP271 shift position switch? I can't find any schematics on the web. Also, how tight do you make the shifter pivot bolt? Seems like it needs to be a little loose to find the detents in the transfer case. Thanks in advance.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
20161202_152117.jpg

The switch is basically just a ground switch...but three positions so you can indicate 4hi and 4lo with different indicator lamps if you want. Or just use one.

which bolt are you talking about exactly? The shifter lever to the selector shaft is 177 in-lb, the detent spring/ball nut in the bottom is 177 in-lb, the selector shaft nut (the one that requires the special socket) is 23 ft-lb, the switch is 20 ft-lb. None of them have any kind of adjustment. Once things are together, the selector shaft is hard to move but only because you don't have much leverage on it. When the in-cab shift lever is there, you've got a lot more leverage.

Ranchero

Wanderer
Thanks Michael! It's the selector shaft one. Mine didn't come with a nut - just one of those puch-on type lock washers that loosely secures the bolt. I'll have to track a proper nut down.

limatangobravo

Observer
Cutting the 1st final prototype SM002 front Sienna seat mounts! I'll send an email today to everyone that is on my list. By the time we cut, coat and pack we're looking at ~2 weeks to ship.

15094277_1341038522582039_2921914314889529447_n.jpg
Will these brackets implement the front seat mounting, will these also have an option to swivel for the passenger side? I love the seat in in my rig, but they need to be re-upholstered. I could kill two bird with one stone if these have multiple options. Also that laser is extra cool, I would love to have one of those machines.:drool:

brushogger

Explorer
Finally got the pics off my wife's phone of the NV we saw on I-40 in OK. It was pretty schweet!
a115bb026ee6843108218735682958c0.jpg

ac8403589d3a46189ca235801e6de7d2.jpg

6b4f9263f0a2bd4448421a0e50fae828.jpg

G
d4b374ac4eff0af3684157d10e335bfd.jpg

Sorry about the quality. Just phone pics while moving at 70 mph.

Betarocker

Adventurer
Thanks Michael! It's the selector shaft one. Mine didn't come with a nut - just one of those puch-on type lock washers that loosely secures the bolt. I'll have to track a proper nut down.

Is it the nut on the shaft coming from the guts of the transfercase that selects Hi2, Hi4, N, and Lo4? If so I can see if I can get to mine and see what diameter and pitch it is. Old truck, not one in sig.

View attachment 377322

The switch is basically just a ground switch...but three positions so you can indicate 4hi and 4lo with different indicator lamps if you want. Or just use one.

which bolt are you talking about exactly? The shifter lever to the selector shaft is 177 in-lb, the detent spring/ball nut in the bottom is 177 in-lb, the selector shaft nut (the one that requires the special socket) is 23 ft-lb, the switch is 20 ft-lb. None of them have any kind of adjustment. Once things are together, the selector shaft is hard to move but only because you don't have much leverage on it. When the in-cab shift lever is there, you've got a lot more leverage.

Chris,
This would be really useful information to include in your instructions for those of us that bought an $850 reman t-case from you. I was going to email you to ask this exact question when I got around to hooking up the wires. Just a suggestion. Thanks MG for answering my question before I had to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach