Uwharrie Safari

MaDMaX915

Observer
Just wondering who has been on the uwharrie safari trips and if they are a good trip for someone who only wants to do light offroad and take the family as well.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
they are very family friendly, the last couple yrs while we are out on the trails on saturday they have alittle event for the kids at the campsite( last yr it was gold panning if i remembered right)

now for offroad, if its wet every trail gets alot harder, if its dry you can do about every trail stock. you can do whatever trails you want with whoever you want, they do have a guided night ride friday night and they stick to easier trails, saturday they have 2 guided rides( 1 beginner, 1 advanced) the guys i camp with and i always stick with the beginner trails for a couple reasons: i dont wanna hurt my truck, the guys i camp with i trust to spot me, and we like to help others out to learn techniques and to just have fun. nothing against the advanced trail guys because there are some really good people but they usually have really modified trucks and are alittle crazier than i am:sombrero:

hope that helps your decision, you should come as its alot of fun

WoldD90

Adventurer
I go pretty much every year. I always bring my oldest son and sometimes the whole family. Lots of fun and many trails to choose from.

There are several beginner type trails, that are still fun.

If you are hyper-sensitive to quiet time and a few rowdy people staying up late, sitting around the campfire talking.

It is a great event, with a great group of guys.

See you in April,

Scott

overlander

Expedition Leader
they are very family friendly, the last couple yrs while we are out on the trails on saturday they have alittle event for the kids at the campsite( last yr it was gold panning if i remembered right)

now for offroad, if its wet every trail gets alot harder, if its dry you can do about every trail stock. you can do whatever trails you want with whoever you want, they do have a guided night ride friday night and they stick to easier trails, saturday they have 2 guided rides( 1 beginner, 1 advanced) the guys i camp with and i always stick with the beginner trails for a couple reasons: i dont wanna hurt my truck, the guys i camp with i trust to spot me, and we like to help others out to learn techniques and to just have fun. nothing against the advanced trail guys because there are some really good people but they usually have really modified trucks and are alittle crazier than i am:sombrero:

hope that helps your decision, you should come as its alot of fun

They are "kinda" family friendly. Lack of clear seperation between party and family camping areas leads to drunken parties late into the night, and toddlers that can't sleep at 2AM. Ask me how I know.

BLUEGRASSMAN

Observer
It's a great time for all! If you are sensitive to people having a good time well into the night......there are cabins available to rent. Call the outpost and they should be able to get you set up. I will probably do that this year with a 14 mo old however....we have never been "bothered" by it before.

Storz

Explorer
I am going to try to make it this year as well, will be my first time at the Safari. What weekend in April is it again?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
7th-10th of April, the w/e after Expo
Choose your site carefully as the 'group' of late nighters usually stay together. We prefer the first area to the right with the large campfire ring- seldom noisy, and secluded enough not to hear the noise of others.
Great event for sure

overlander

Expedition Leader
7th-10th of April, the w/e after Expo
Choose your site carefully as the 'group' of late nighters usually stay together. We prefer the first area to the right with the large campfire ring- seldom noisy, and secluded enough not to hear the noise of others.
Great event for sure

X2. Great event, but as with all real estate...location, location, location.

MaDMaX915

Observer
Thanks for the info, I know that we will be going I just need to decide if its a good idea to bring my son with me (2 in may) or if i need to make arrangements with the grandparents :)

Wander

Expedition Leader
You'll both have a great time. Hopefully it won't rain the whole time as that could make the camping kind of a bummer.

Wander

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the info, I know that we will be going I just need to decide if its a good idea to bring my son with me (2 in may) or if i need to make arrangements with the grandparents :)

If you camp where Dale (Rovertrader) mentioned you will be fine-that is the "family" area and on the other side of the camp from where the more lively crowd gathers. If you need an excuse to stay up late and drink too much beer than feel free to use us as that excuse!:coffeedrink: In the fall I camped between the two-we are not a loud group but we do like to sit around the fire and tell a few stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77