Uwharrie Safari

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Just got back! Had a great time on the trails and meeting some new faces:smiley_drive:

Pics coming soon

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Home safe?

Passed a white Range Rover on the entrance ramp on 49 east... hopefully no one here had to leave it....

Wander

Expedition Leader
Great one-will post some pics soon. The IIa in stock trim was a mule on the trail right up to the point when the shifter sheared off. Apparently a known issue on the IIa, would have rather not found that out on the trail but 3-Lo got me back to the end of the trail-maybe a little faster than I would have preferred....

Some parking lot welding and all is back together, now need to find a new shifter and clean up the old one for a spare. Big thanks goes out to the CROC crew for putting on a great event!

madp

Hey Matt, glad my welding held up. If you can't find another shifter, I have a used spare I can send you. Let me know.

-James

Wander

Expedition Leader
Hey Matt, glad my welding held up. If you can't find another shifter, I have a used spare I can send you. Let me know.

-James

Not only did it hold up but the shift pattern is much better! Not sure why as you welded it back in the same place-guess I was having a lot of flex before it sheared. Good to see you here!

Wander

Expedition Leader
great w/e for sure!! Wonderful seeing everyone!!
How long to get home Matt? Glad you made it safely.

About 4hr 30min to get home-she was running strong and my ears are still ringing a bit-need to remember ear plugs next time.

I felt OK on the 4 lanes and wanted to limit the shifting so I took those roads home instead of the rural 2 lanes. I was about to keep up and wasn't being blown off the road by passing traffice which I estimate to be about 60-maybe a few more downhill.

rover4x4

Adventurer
About 4hr 30min to get home-she was running strong and my ears are still ringing a bit-need to remember ear plugs next time.

I felt OK on the 4 lanes and wanted to limit the shifting so I took those roads home instead of the rural 2 lanes. I was about to keep up and wasn't being blown off the road by passing traffice which I estimate to be about 60-maybe a few more downhill.

Did you see the article in your Rovers North about the QEII braking shifter levers? Seems like you series guys need to keep those like I keep fuel pump relays

Wander

Expedition Leader
Did you see the article in your Rovers North about the QEII braking shifter levers? Seems like you series guys need to keep those like I keep fuel pump relays

Yeah I did, how ironic that it was in the registration pack that I got JUST AFTER it sheared off exactly as descirbed in the article. I plan to get a new one and use the repaired one as a back up after I reinforce that spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77