Uwharrie Safari

Rover_Hokie

Observer
Only my second outing and I had a great time last year. I had my wife and 3 yr old granddaughter along and she loved it. Plenty of young kids around, and prizes for them, and they did a nice setup for panning for gold with some nice samples of area stones added to the sand for the kids to find. A two year old will require a little more attention I would think, but I believe you can still have a good time. I did not have any issues with late night noise, I guess it depends on where you camp. I was out in the middle area in a camper, so not back in the area where many of the groups of friends had their tents together and some common cooking areas setup. I can see where that could get noisy depending on the people. I came down with just my family and not really knowing much of anyone else and met people as the weekend went on.

Great bunch of guys and ladies, all skill levels, (my D2 is stock) guided night ride was great for me, the wife, the granddaughter and the dogs were tossed around a bit. It was fun!! On the beginner Saturday ride, I had a few hard bumps, and my rear bumper took a little bit of a hit. You cannot beat the price and plenty of different types of people, ages, rovers, and dogs. At the group camp the showers are modern with sink with mirror in a the same lockable large private shower/sink/changing room combination where mom or dad and kids can wash up together. Nice bench and shelf for all the toiletries the ladies and kids need to get ready after the shower and water is hot. The showers are labeled for ladies and men separately. Toilets are in separate buildings around the group camp and are just basic. You have to schedule your time to hit the showers as you are sharing with the rest of the group camp, but between trail rides, meals, and morning people and night people it all works out. I would estimate 40-50 rovers last April, maybe a few more. I hope to be there this year, come along you will enjoy it. Hope to meet up with you !!

1002812e.jpg

1002809o.jpg

Last edited:

Wander

Expedition Leader
So that's how you fund those projects- you've got the family panning for gold!

Not to give anything away but it sounds like we have a great new sponsor to add to the other awesome sponsors forth the Safari.

I'm not sure if there is an auction at Safari like there was at URE7 but if so and you want to get some deals while supporting the cause don't forget some cash. I didn't know about the auction at URE7 so I didn't have enough cash to really take part and missed on some great gear at great prices.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
So that's how you fund those projects- you've got the family panning for gold!

Not to give anything away but it sounds like we have a great new sponsor to add to the other awesome sponsors forth the Safari.

I'm not sure if there is an auction at Safari like there was at URE7 but if so and you want to get some deals while supporting the cause don't forget some cash. I didn't know about the auction at URE7 so I didn't have enough cash to really take part and missed on some great gear at great prices.

ok Matt, what do you know that i dont??? i need the scoop:ylsmoke:

and yeah they have a raffle and i think they do auction off a few items but its mostly raffle tickets to blow your cash on:snorkel:

ps i was in your neck of the woods last night

Wander

Expedition Leader
ok Matt, what do you know that i dont??? i need the scoop:ylsmoke:

and yeah they have a raffle and i think they do auction off a few items but its mostly raffle tickets to blow your cash on:snorkel:

ps i was in your neck of the woods last night

..and no call???!!! Just kidding, hope you had fun and meat a few co-eds.

BTW went to see Will yesterday and came home with a truck load of stuff. I think the 4Runner should now be called the Parts Runner.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
..and no call???!!! Just kidding, hope you had fun and meat a few co-eds.

BTW went to see Will yesterday and came home with a truck load of stuff. I think the 4Runner should now be called the Parts Runner.

haha actually i was taking out a lady friend :) and cant call cuz i dont have the digits haha.

thanks for the PM sounds like we have work to do on that d1 of yours:smiley_drive:

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Ok fellas the safari is next week!:victory: everybody still coming? I like we are getting a little rain before hand to get rid of the dust problem

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
the way it's going, it'll be a mud fest this w/e, and 85 and dusty next... Big green D-II is about ready to roll :) maybe a prerun this w/e...

rover4x4

Adventurer
I might ride up Saturday, but Id be pushing my luck thinking the Defender could make it to Uwharrie two weekends in a row

jgdisco2

Adventurer
i gotta work all weekend in order to go to safari so im a no go for a prerun:snorkel:

dale, the green d2 looks pretty good, saw it the other week at larrys place when i picked up my RTE rear.

MaDMaX915

Observer
The time is getting close and I am getting antsy waiting. I still plan on coming and hope to be there Friday around 5-6. Where will all the NC guys be camping so I make sure to set up there (be nice to finally meet you guys).

Wander

Expedition Leader
Everyone camps in the same general area, JG and I should be over on the left and in the back-look for a blue/white 64 IIa and that's me. I'm getting there Thursday afternoon (touch wood).

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Everyone camps in the same general area, JG and I should be over on the left and in the back-look for a blue/white 64 IIa and that's me. I'm getting there Thursday afternoon (touch wood).

What he said! I'll be in the white disco with my pops in the same back left corner....i should be there 3ish thursday afternoon:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77