Warr-wagon

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
so after we put the interior back into the XJ, i cut out my first piece with my plasma cutter

005-5.jpg

but i didnt make some of my corners right and i cought my hose on my clamp and took a bigger slice out of one spot, plus i decided i wanted the diamond tread on the inside of the engine bay so i cut a ew piece. it turned out alot better, here it is fitting in place.

006-2.jpg

half way welded in and with the two holes drilled in it for the hose fittings for the new heater

007-4.jpg

fully welded, then after this picture i finished welding the old mounting holes but dont have a pic of that yet.

008-2.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
instead of using a rubber grommet and just pushing the heater hose through the firewall i came up with this. just a coupler and two barbed fittings that will smash the firewall between the big washers.

003-5.jpg

i think i found an orange that closely matches

004-8.jpg

and here is the piece i am going to use for my new dash (rough cut of course)

005-6.jpg

other than that it was a day to clean the shop after i got off work.

KEENO

Adventurer
Cowl Cracks -No Worries

Hey Warrpath...

Sorry for the delayed reply. The Cowl Cracks are common in the First Gen Dodges and a TSB was issued years ago. From what I can tell by the pics, your truck looks CLEAN! :)

Here's an example

Cowl Crack Issue.jpg

KEENO:)

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Hey Warrpath...

Sorry for the delayed reply. The Cowl Cracks are common in the First Gen Dodges and a TSB was issued years ago. From what I can tell by the pics, your truck looks CLEAN! :)

Here's an example

View attachment 26759

KEENO:)

Thanks for the pointer, I havnt seen any cracks up there but I might throw a couple spot welds up there.

jmeadows

this build makes me very pumped about my current "ride," 1978 gmc sierra. About the same color now with the sun fading the red, and I have that EXACT same seat cover for your bench lol.

Anyway, LOOKS GOOD!!!!!

oh, and make sure you keep that "max 55 mph" sticker for the new dash. That's humor you can't buy.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
this build makes me very pumped about my current "ride," 1978 gmc sierra. About the same color now with the sun fading the red, and I have that EXACT same seat cover for your bench lol.

Anyway, LOOKS GOOD!!!!!

oh, and make sure you keep that "max 55 mph" sticker for the new dash. That's humor you can't buy.

yah ill have to find me another one when i finish making my new dash.

got my new valve covers in and will have a small update tonight with pics, first i have to put a new radiator in my daily driver so i can make it to work tomorrow.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
got my valve covers, quality looks great except the bolts are too long lol, i contacted the company and am waiting to hear back from them.

003-6.jpg

also you can see in the background that i installed the barbed fittings for my heater hoses to go through the firewall.

Sport-Trac 01

Adventurer
Cool, nice progress. That blocks looks good in dull gray. Nice looking valve covers. Can't wait til this truck's "finished" (They never really are;))

BlueBomber

Adventurer
AWESOME BUILD!!!!!!!! i was looking at some of the pics in the thread and wondered if you ever thought of cutting some holes in your radiator support.thats one big sheet of metal, you could probably shave a few pounds if you cut some "speed holes" in it.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
AWESOME BUILD!!!!!!!! i was looking at some of the pics in the thread and wondered if you ever thought of cutting some holes in your radiator support.thats one big sheet of metal, you could probably shave a few pounds if you cut some "speed holes" in it.

well i am waiting till i get the engine in and figure out a couple of things, id like to run a true cold air intake setup. i think it will help out and when installing i will probably have to cut some out of the core support.

BlueBomber

Adventurer
some of the 73-79 ford trucks came with factory cold air intake setups. it was just a big, flexable plastic hose that ran from a hole in the radiator support to a normal, round air filter housing. maybe you can do something like that for cheap.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
some of the 73-79 ford trucks came with factory cold air intake setups. it was just a big, flexable plastic hose that ran from a hole in the radiator support to a normal, round air filter housing. maybe you can do something like that for cheap.

That's kinda the first route I was gonna try but instead of flexible tube I was gonna try aluminum pipe

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
did a little bit of prep work this afternoon, my dad is comming out to help me get the motor back in this week so today i put in the new throw out bearing, cleaned up some more parts, painted some of them.

this thing is a life saver, i have been using it to clean ALOT of parts.

002-4.jpg

here is the thermostat housing before i cleaned it

003-7.jpg

004-10.jpg

and after

005-8.jpg

006-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy