Warr-wagon

BlueBomber

Adventurer
ewwww, that looked nasty. did the inside of your radiatoir look the same? im spending a ton of time cleaning rust and grime off of mine as i work on it. i put a wire brush on the end of my mom's battery powered drill so if i see anything rusty i can just grab the drill and clean it. seems to be working better than anything else so far.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
ewwww, that looked nasty. did the inside of your radiatoir look the same? im spending a ton of time cleaning rust and grime off of mine as i work on it. i put a wire brush on the end of my mom's battery powered drill so if i see anything rusty i can just grab the drill and clean it. seems to be working better than anything else so far.

yah the inside of it was bad, which is why it is getting a new radiator, water pump, hoses, heater, all new cooling system.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
did lots of little things today, or atleast it felt like little things. bolted on the flywheel, clutch, harmonic balancer, mouts for the motor mounts and the motor mounts, then dropped the motor in but we had to clearence the bellhousing. you could see where the flywheel made marks inside the bellhousing when we took it out and it would not fit back in. then i we put the valve covers on but only sealed the passenger side since i still ned to mess with TDC on the drivers side, and put in the thermostat and housing.

002-5.jpg

004-11.jpg

008-3.jpg

we pulled the tub off of my dads jeep yesterday so he brought it out today so i can cut out the rust and weld in new metal.

Cody1771

Explorer
thats gonna be one bad @$$ mopar. what ci is that crate motor? i like the valve covers... might have to steal your idea for my motor. im not really likeing the edelbrock covers. that 100amp alt. would be good for a duel battery setup :smiley_drive:

RgrBox

Adventurer
Wow.. just found this.. great looking job there Warrpath.. man you've really cleaned it up nice..can't wait to see your finished result..

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Progress has slowed with other projects popping up, hunting season, and lack of funds. I also needed a new intermediate oil pump shaft.

Yah the big alt is going to run dual batteries.

I have been working on an idea for a flat bed that would have removable bows and a canvas top like a duece.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
A small victory today, got the intermediate oil pump shaft in and the distributor set (I hope). This whole last month if I had time off I was hunting so not much got done.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
today seemed like one step forward and two steps back. put the headers on to find out i couldnt get the starter on. one of the carb studs had messed up threads so i bought new ones only to get back to the shop and see they are too long. unhooked the power steering pump to put the new one on and broke the high pressure line.

i ended up just taking the headers back and cleaning and installing the stock manifolds. painted them with high temp exhaust paint, yah it probably will just burn off but it looks nice now lol.

my paint booth lol

001-5.jpg

cleaned up

002-6.jpg

painted

004-12.jpg

005-9.jpg

007-5.jpg

used some aircraft paint stripper on the stock air cleaner housing, this stuff really takes the paint off.

003-9.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Picked up my MSD coil today and ordered the "dealer only" oil filter adapter, the dealer can't even get the gasket for it anymore.

jefe4x4

Observer
Warrpath4x4,
I like your methodical energy with this project.
Be sure to closely inspect the frame before you get too far in.
If the transmission has a non-sychro'd grannie 1st gear, it is probably a Chrysler New Process NP 435L (6.68/3.34/1.66/1.00/8.26R) Has a cast aluminum cover.
Also available in 1980 W-200's was the NP 435A (4.56/2.28/1.21/1.00/5.64R) also with a diecast aluminum cover. If you feel 1st gear is too tall for a grannie 1st gear, this may be the one you have.
The last thing is the winch placement. I've had a couple Warn 8274's, and they are a TALL winch. Cuts off air circulation, at freeway speeds on the front of my jeep. Too tall to fit on the rear of your truck without either placing it very low, below the bumper height, or having it higher and be in the way of your tailgate, assuming you're going to use a tailgate. One of the 8K or 9K low profile winches would work better on the rear. I've a buddie that uses a 9K winch on the front bumper and a very low profile 6K winch on the rear and he can still use his tailgate. He's run the wheels off both of them when we're out wheeling. There are certain situations where he was the only one that could get to a good position to re-right a roll over or a recover a good stick.
Keep on keepin' on.
regards, as always, jefe

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Thanks for the info on the differences with the trans, mine has the low granny gear (I think) lol. As for the winches yah the 8274 is tall, its going in the front. I have a MM 9500# that will go in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy