What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Mitch502

Explorer
Sweet!

I pulled my gas tank back out and cleaned up the rust from the filler neck. So now my Jeep sits with literally no gas in it whatsoever....

Howver, I did make a video of how to replace the pump while I was doing it.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
A few days ago I installed my Bestop Door Entry Guards.

Entry Guard Front.jpg

Entry Guard Rear.jpg

Installed my Xenon Flat Fender Flares early yesterday morning.

Rear Fender Flare Removed.jpg

Xenon Rear Fender Flare.jpg

Xenon Front Fender Flare.jpg

As this next picture shows, the wheels do not stick out past the fender flares.

Xenon Fender Flares.jpg

Once that was done, I took the Jeep to get the interior shot with Line-X and then picked it up this afternoon (great turnaround time).

Line-X.jpg

Slow and steady goes the build.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Installed the Overhead Sport Bar Storage Console.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

It doesn't interfere with the visors, nor the hardtop. I like it. If it's one thing the Jeep is lacking, it's places to put various items that I like to have easy access to.

SulVento

Wanderer
Installed my Road Shower. Minor modifications to brackets to keep it low enough that my rig still fits in the garage :)
2015-10-03 13.52.22.jpg

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Never seen that roll top thing. Who makes that?

VDP (Vertically Driven Products)...you can get it from Quadratec (#12500.2500) for $44.99. Not exactly cheap, but will keep my Oakley's, GPS, etc out of sight from unsavory characters. Install was under 5 minutes and the roll top moves freely (doesn't grab at all...very smooth).

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Recon smoke LED projector headlights arrived today.

Stock photo:
product_photo-large_image-1944.jpg

The company proclaims a 140% increase in light output compared to the stock headlights (which we all know leave a lot to be desired). I'll install them sometime later today.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Installed the Recon headlights.

Low Beam Comparison
Recon Headlights Low Beam Comparison.JPG

High Beam Comparison
Recon Headlights High Beam Comparison.JPG

Low Beam
Recon Headlights Low Beam.JPG

High Beam
Recon Headlights High Beam.JPG

Off
Recon Headlights Installed.JPG

Noticed this loose wire when installing the right side headlight (left one in the above photos). At first I was like "crap" then checked it and both low and high beams work, so I guess it's not affecting the headlight, but is it cause for concern?
Recon Headlights Concern.JPG

Overall, I'm very pleased with the purchase. The white light looks so much better than the yellowish light the stock headlights put out. It will be a while before I'll do any night driving (hardly ever drive at night where I currently am, but that will change when I move next week). Once I hit the road in the night hours, I'll have a better idea of how much of an upgrade I got for my money.

rubicon91

Explorer
Installed my Road Shower. Minor modifications to brackets to keep it low enough that my rig still fits in the garage :)
View attachment 307715
I love mine got it before expo east. Had to mount it to my trail rack to use at event. Worked wonders when my 7 yr old decided to fall into the mud. It was very cold water but did great cleaning her up. uploadfromtaptalk1444245942305.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Destickered my Jeep today. No point in having "Wrangler" and "Unlimited" stickers on the thing when both of those things are SO obvious just by looking at the vehicle. Toying with removing the Rubicon stickers as well because I'm not a fan of the silver sticker on the green paint. Don't know what genius came up with that combination...black or tan would have looked much better.

Michigan37

Finally got my axles trussed, C's gussetted and 35's installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal