What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

JCDriller

Adventurer
Built an aluminum raised floor platform, so gear can get stuffed underneath, and installed the fridge.
Super-Mutt V2.0 likes to "spread out"... ;)
Still needs some finish work on the carpet and fridge mounting plates.

Scott, looks great! You don't even need a tent, just slide under there and snuggle up like a vampire!

Also, unless you're sold on carpet head down to your local tractor supply store and get some rubber stall matting. you can cut it easily with a jig saw or razor knife so it's well contoured like your floor. It'll keep water out, won't stink and will provide super mutt with a great grip for those big ol' paws.

Last edited:

comptiger5000

Adventurer
The weekend's updates: threw in some fresh spark plugs, installed the new Metalcloak front LCAs (double adjustables are really nice!) and replaced the passenger side header to y-pipe gasket. Of course, that's still leaking a bit, so I'm thinking one of the flanges might be warped. I guess I'll screw with it more next weekend if I have time (already planning to re-do the front lower shock mounts and replace the rear main seal next weekend).

rubicon91

Explorer
Now that is a use for a TrashaRoo that I never would have thought of. How does that work?
Just toss in your daughter, add some water & laundry soap, then go for a quick trail run? :elkgrin:
What do you do for a rinse cycle?
Inquiring minds need to know. lol :)

Hahaha Scott see now why didnt I think of this. She is still light enough that I could have had one of the other guys help and shake the trasharoo up and down very quickly for a rinse cycle lol. Doubt she would have liked it but you never know.

rubicon91

Explorer
Built an aluminum raised floor platform, so gear can get stuffed underneath, and installed the fridge.

Looking sweet. I would love to remove my rear seats in the Jeep. Great work on the platform. Your Super-Mutt V2.0 looks very comfortable :D

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Scott, looks great! You don't even need a tent, just slide under there and snuggle up like a vampire!

Also, unless you're sold on carpet head down to your local tractor supply store and get some rubber stall matting. you can cut it easily with a jig saw or razor knife so it's well contoured like your floor. It'll keep water out, won't stink and will provide super mutt with a great grip for those big ol' paws.

I saw your mat, and think that is an awesome idea. The carpet and pad is left over from another build. Fine for around town, but your idea is way better for camping and wheeling. Thanks again amigo! :beer:

Hahaha Scott see now why didnt I think of this. She is still light enough that I could have had one of the other guys help and shake the trasharoo up and down very quickly for a rinse cycle lol. Doubt she would have liked it but you never know.

roflol! I think she'd spike your marshmallows if you did that. :elkgrin:

Looking sweet. I would love to remove my rear seats in the Jeep. Great work on the platform. Your Super-Mutt V2.0 looks very comfortable :D

Thanks! :beer:
It was a lot of fun to make. The section over the left rear seat area comes out without affecting the rest of the platform, so that seat can be installed if needed. But most times it will just be two of us, and the dogs.

rubicon91

Explorer
roflol! I think she'd spike your marshmallows if you did that. :elkgrin:

Well I dont know I think she would be up for a rinse cycle. LOL. This was her right before she tumbled into the mud. Said dad I wont fall famous last words hahahaha. Actually for our first run out with the trailer and me and her as well together it went great. We hung out with a group called Anvil Adventures and one of the guys came up to us on Sunday and said he has watched grown men crumble in better weather conditions and my little one just kept on was a trooper all weekend. I was happy to hear that.

Thanks! :beer:
It was a lot of fun to make. The section over the left rear seat area comes out without affecting the rest of the platform, so that seat can be installed if needed. But most times it will just be two of us, and the dogs.[/QUOTE]

Man I missed that in the picture. I see that now. I dont mind riding in the back with your dog(S) plural yikes on a trip. Put that single seat back in :D You can even have an ejector switch on it for when you guys get tired of me in the vehicle. :sombrero:

Attachments

• 20151002_153705_resized.jpg
    20151002_153705_resized.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 34

Mitch502

Explorer
Spent 2 hours trying to come up with a decent cover for the roof top tent. I'm decided that I'm going to have to spent money on the right material and make one.

Anyone know if heavy canvas will hold up to the trail? A regular heavy duty tarp was destroyed in 20 minutes

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I built a switch guard to keep the shifter boot from unlocking my lockers at inopportune moments, or "How to make a Daystar switch panel work with a 6 speed manual".

DSCF0775.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Replaced the worn bushings on the lower control arms. Pain in the butt getting the bolts lined up but no more clunk in my rear end.

jswift716

Adventurer
4e818af6495ed35c99b601acb8eab1e5.jpg

Finally got new rubber... but sheared a u joint strap where the rear shaft meets the rear axle. Just idling around in the drive

Lucky j

Explorer
Spent 2 hours trying to come up with a decent cover for the roof top tent. I'm decided that I'm going to have to spent money on the right material and make one.

Anyone know if heavy canvas will hold up to the trail? A regular heavy duty tarp was destroyed in 20 minutes

Find a bog top tent manufacturer or rental company, and by theire material, some time the manufacturer even have the semi truck tarp materiel. It is a kind of rubberized material that is very sturdy. I've use this avery time I need someting strong and heavy weight as my trailer tarp.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
After replacing control arm bushings yesterday, took my Jeep to Discount Tires to remove a screw and get my free balance and rotation. Drives like a new Jeep now.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Screwed with the tune again last night and finally hit on a fix to the weird idle control issues these ECUs have (especially when run with bigger than stock cams). Just a couple more tweaks to make based on how it drove today with that fix applied and I think I might finally have it pretty well nailed down.

Mitch502

Explorer
Find a bog top tent manufacturer or rental company, and by theire material, some time the manufacturer even have the semi truck tarp materiel. It is a kind of rubberized material that is very sturdy. I've use this avery time I need someting strong and heavy weight as my trailer tarp.

Can you link what you're talking about? It jk you're referring to the vinyl coated poly tarps, which is what I have on my mind to use.
http://www.tarpsplus.com/vinyl-tarps-18oz-.html

Do you know what weight is a good weight to use?

lysol

Explorer

Was it hard to do? I just want the back section and have it about half the height to mount the fridge on top. I believe you are the only person that has a storage system with the Springtail sideracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3