What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

furbucket

Observer
Thanks! I will post some pictures up tonight. Thanks for the heads up on the link, I realized after posting I pasted the wrong one but wasn't able to go back and edit.

Thanks for the pics. Which cross rails did you use? Looking for the lowest profile set up possible. I wasn't happy with the way the RTT sat so high on my compass, and it is looking like the GC will be similar profile.

Not sure if you missed the second half of my post or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question... The rack I made IS the cross rails. Scroll back up and look at the pics, the unistrut is u-bolted between the Rocky Road rails (on top)- I did a single cross bar in front and a double in back with expanded metal in between as a platform for diesel cans, etc.

Sent from the fridge using Tapatalk

Bullseye240

Adventurer
Kinda figured on the mirrors. I missed my old CJ's so much that on my LJ I removed the factory door mirrors on it and installed a "CJ mirror kit". I had to modify the passenger side to mount on the front of the windshield so I could leave them on full time. Pretty simple really, made on bracket for it that was a little longer to line up with a factory hole.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I had to fabricate a mirror for my TJ Rubicon when I first bought it. I just made something that bolted through the upper door hinge. I only needed it when the doors were off, so that worked well.

WSS

Rock Stacker
put new valve covers on. Replaced the leakers

IMG_3496_zpsdsi86dmt.jpg

Scooter Scott

Observer
Did a little work

Finally half way wired up my reverse lights in my LOD bumper. Now I just need to figure out where to put the switch :/ Center dash has my ARB compressor switch and front fogs right beneath it. Then down on the center console is where I wired my lockers.

57968812-53E6-4041-AB1A-DE96769CA02D_zpscgm5bz44.jpg

382D2FB5-A564-4C01-A37F-50B2ABB046BF_zpscppb43ji.jpg

20912CB7-9F0B-4F60-8EA0-5A51E4FAE5B0_zpswtd9t0ov.jpg

I also installed a $9 amazon backup camera and hooked it up to my Kenwood DNX7100

07209D1F-0A4A-4BB8-A492-F6A8EB50FA0D_zpsnpur3udx.jpg

D4BA21D0-C435-406D-A619-9DB83BCDAF30_zpspk1wfytv.jpg

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
A992D466-EEEB-48DE-A022-B2923F1985E9.jpg
I assembled a decent trauma kit. I spend a lot of time at the range and it's only a matter of time before a negligent discharge occurs. Also in the wilderness, anything can happen and usually Murphy is nearby to throw a monkey wrench to make things worse. After several training classes, I've built up a list of gear I know how to use and not some generic bought first aid kit. First pouch on the left is for splints and bandages for sprains and broken bones. Second from the left is for extra dressings and other duplicates in case a multiple casualty situation pops up. Far right is the main kit that is removable from the panel so you can take it with you. It contains all the more serious gear like tourniquets, NPAs, chest seals, coagulant dressings, sterile dressing, shears, gloves, finger light, etc. Second from the right is a folding litter that can be used by one or more people to carry the casualty. On top of that is a strobe for signaling location if needed. There's some work gloves in case some work needs to be performed to access or retrieve the patient, that sterile rubber gloves can't handle. I think that's everything. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Zeiderman

Adventurer
A992D466-EEEB-48DE-A022-B2923F1985E9.jpg
I assembled a decent trauma kit. I spend a lot of time at the range and it's only a matter of time before a negligent discharge occurs. Also in the wilderness, anything can happen and usually Murphy is nearby to throw a monkey wrench to make things worse. After several training classes, I've built up a list of gear I know how to use and not some generic bought first aid kit. First pouch on the left is for splints and bandages for sprains and broken bones. Second from the left is for extra dressings and other duplicates in case a multiple casualty situation pops up. Far right is the main kit that is removable from the panel so you can take it with you. It contains all the more serious gear like tourniquets, NPAs, chest seals, coagulant dressings, sterile dressing, shears, gloves, finger light, etc. Second from the right is a folding litter that can be used by one or more people to carry the casualty. On top of that is a strobe for signaling location if needed. There's some work gloves in case some work needs to be performed to access or retrieve the patient, that sterile rubber gloves can't handle. I think that's everything. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
How hard is it to remove the pouches for a grab and go, thinking in a stress situation, when you really, really need to go with no fumbling or hang ups what so ever. Looking to do something very similar.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
How hard is it to remove the pouches for a grab and go, thinking in a stress situation, when you really, really need to go with no fumbling or hang ups what so ever. Looking to do something very similar.

The far right one is a breakaway pouch and it's the one will all the critical components. All you do is release buckle and pull.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Zeiderman

Adventurer
The far right one is a breakaway pouch and it's the one will all the critical components. All you do is release buckle and pull.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Interesting, be willing to share a link? Got my EMT B awhile ago, and have been looking to transfer out of a jump bag, carry a small kit for EDC, but need something for my Cherokee.

And would you be willing to share your list?

Thanks.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Interesting, be willing to share a link? Got my EMT B awhile ago, and have been looking to transfer out of a jump bag, carry a small kit for EDC, but need something for my Cherokee.

And would you be willing to share your list?

Thanks.

Sure. When I get home I can go over everything because I built it up in parts and not a prebuilt generic kit.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Zeiderman

Adventurer
Sure. When I get home I can go over everything because I built it up in parts and not a prebuilt generic kit.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Preciate it, mine's home built as well. But I have nothing for GSW, that's the part I'm interested in, and the pouch release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL