What van do you recommend for me + dogs?

Sleam

Explorer
And yes, we will be at the Expo West checking out everyones vehicles! I can't wait. Say hello if you see us wandering around,
s
backseat drivers.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Another vote for the Ambo.

His Castle... (still under construction)

E6D9A448-4DAF-442B-93EB-BF2C5C7820CE_zpstrzbwmnm.jpg

Johnrunberg

Adventurer
Although I love 'em I'm not sure I'd recommend a Eurovan (or a Vanagon - my favorite) for someone with 10k, much dogs and who knows how much interest in being their own mechanic. I'd drive my tin-top Subaru-powered Vannie across the country – after fixing the power steering pump – but I'd also bring my tools **just in case**. The newest Vanagon is 23 years old and most of them have been flogged by cheap-*** VW owners for most of their lives.

So I'd say, for VWs, go that way if you're heart is in it but go in with eyes wide open (a good idea for anything with a few decades of service under its belt).

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I think an Astro AWD with a pop top may fit the qualifications you are looking for. Having your own sleeping loft area above and having the dogs sleep below may be a nice feature especially if you have been out hiking all day in Alaska and the dogs are soaked and muddy. You can remove the sleeping platforms, which make the up the loft area, so you can stand up and walk around the entire back area of the van behind the front seats. I have been more than happy with my Astro since adding the pop top. Good luck with your search. I highly recommend checking out Overland Expo in AZ in May if you are looking for ideas for your adventure next year.

View attachment 270687
View attachment 270688

My vote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob

Members online