Wolf's Ongoing Discovery Build Thread

burn_e

Adventurer
BTW did you consider to attach a aux temperature gauge to the system to get a proper reading?

Had this in my Disco and transferred it to the Classic and it already saved me an engine.
Engine was running hot (110C - reason was a blocked rad, but fixed already) on motorways and the dash gauge showed the usual - all great!

S

Street Wolf

BTW did you consider to attach a aux temperature gauge to the system to get a proper reading?

Had this in my Disco and transferred it to the Classic and it already saved me an engine.
Engine was running hot (110C - reason was a blocked rad, but fixed already) on motorways and the dash gauge showed the usual - all great!

Yeah, I'm certainly thinking about it. I'm just not sure exactly what route I want to take though. I would really like to go with a scangauge set up for numerous reasons.

However with the 'GlowShift' piece that I'm using as a means for bleeding air out of the system installed, I could easily just put a temp sensor there later on.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I've got a Scangauge, and it's not as effective as a real gauge. It works but... unless you keep looking at the display, there's nothing to catch your eye the way the needle on a gauge does. I've come very close to overheating when my rad was clogged with mud, and if I hadn't been paying attention, I never would have caught it in time.

burn_e

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm certainly thinking about it. I'm just not sure exactly what route I want to take though. I would really like to go with a scangauge set up for numerous reasons.

However with the 'GlowShift' piece that I'm using as a means for bleeding air out of the system installed, I could easily just put a temp sensor there later on.

Definately would do...especially with the setup already in place. Just get one of this gauge kit (Summit for example http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-4737/), screw the sensor in and wire it up - done deal.

SpencerFitch

Observer
I've got a Scangauge, and it's not as effective as a real gauge. It works but... unless you keep looking at the display, there's nothing to catch your eye the way the needle on a gauge does. I've come very close to overheating when my rad was clogged with mud, and if I hadn't been paying attention, I never would have caught it in time.

Wait does the scangauge work on your discovery? For MPG

I love my scan gauge other than the MPG is wayy off [this is common I hear for discos]

I usually keep it on
LOD [load very easy too see changes in fuel efficiency]
RPMS [because I have a IACV problem and Im always monitoring it]
****** [Engine temperature]
IAf [Intake air temperature, because I like to see how much my cooler my mod i did the the air intake is]

But it has helped me MANY times diagnose problems and Ill never go without it.

S

Street Wolf

Replaced my old ARB turn signal lenses with new clear ones from Gamiviti LLC.

002-8.jpg

004-8.jpg

S

Street Wolf

Converted my D2 wiper arms to those off of a D1 so that I can now use whatever type and brand wiper blade I want. Bosch ICONs of course.

Decided to do this mod after buying brand new blades from AtlanticBritish and they were horrible right from the beginning.

006-6.jpg

005-7.jpg

007-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

S

Street Wolf

Also, replaced the original push fasteners with ones I found to have a tighter tolerance and a better fit.

Not to mention you can just purchase these locally from any parts store rather than having to order in the 'correct' ones that do not work as well.

008-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

David Harris

Expedition Leader

I did mine with a 3/4" T installed in the heater hose coming from the intake manifold. Then I screwed a mechanical temp gauge into this. I put the gauge right up on the dash next to the instrument cluster. On the other side of the cluster I have my oil temp gauge. Both very visible when driving without looking down. The temp sensor in the heater hose makes the most sense because it measures the coolant at it's hottest temp, right after it has flowed through the engine passages and is headed for the heater. It will read higher here than the stock temp sensor location, and so is more accurate. Easy install using hardware store parts bought for 10.00 plus the gauge.

grasshopper104

Adventurer
Street Wolf -

Where'd you end up getting the wiper arms? I've been thinking about doing that myself. Its one mod I figure I can easily do with my limited supplies/tools here in Lawton.

S

Street Wolf

Street Wolf -

Where'd you end up getting the wiper arms? I've been thinking about doing that myself. Its one mod I figure I can easily do with my limited supplies/tools here in Lawton.

Sorry grasshopper, I don't know how I managed to completely overlook your post. Anyways, I got them from Justin at Lucky8. Just give him a call and tell him what you need. :sombrero:

S

Street Wolf

Re-mounted my fire extinguisher now that I got my hands on a couple of Quick Fist clamps.

Also changed out my door lock actuator and ran the antenna wire for my Wilson wireless booster. :sombrero:

001-5.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Glad to see were back to talking about your awesome truck eh... Your Fire extinguisher makes me want to mount the one I've got sitting in the garrage very badly now. SOmetimes I wish I had a nice swing out door ala-Disco,Trooper, etc... SO I could mount a table and my extinguisher like yours is.

Nice rig man.

Cheers

Dave

S

Street Wolf

Glad to see were back to talking about your awesome truck eh... Your Fire extinguisher makes me want to mount the one I've got sitting in the garrage very badly now. SOmetimes I wish I had a nice swing out door ala-Disco,Trooper, etc... SO I could mount a table and my extinguisher like yours is.

Nice rig man.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks. :sombrero:

Yeah I really love the swing out door on the Disco. Always seemed to me the proper way to have the cargo bay door open.

nickb857

How do you like that Wilson wireless booster?

I have been thinking about getting one for a little while now but haven't been sure of their performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3