Yeti and the Marshmallow

MrBeast

Explorer
Until you get another set of bumpers, a high lift is out of the question, all it will do is screw up your van, and will do so with out lifting it.

For the time being id just get a regular floor jack, and dont worry about a lung wrench, you have your socket set.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Until you get another set of bumpers, a high lift is out of the question, all it will do is screw up your van, and will do so with out lifting it.

For the time being id just get a regular floor jack, and dont worry about a lung wrench, you have your socket set.

Couldn't I use the wheels for jacking? Good point, what can I use for leverage on my ratchet, do they make some kind of torque extension?

MrBeast

Explorer
Hm. With space being what it is in the van a floor jack plus a hand winch would take up a lot of space, don't you think?

not a small one, it isnt like you need a 5 ton truck jack. a small one will get the job done, and is essential.

It will take up less room than a hi lift.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Ok cool, I'll do some research on floor jacks and hand winches. My van weighs 4,500lbs wet, roughly, I reckon it'll end up around 5,000 with water and all my stuff in there. What kind of weights for jacks and winches should I look at?

MrBeast

Explorer
Ok cool, I'll do some research on floor jacks and hand winches.

Dont even bother with a hand winch, you arent getting unstuck with one.

Save your cash, get a electric when you are able, watch craigslist, you can often find them cheap and in good shape

MrBeast

Explorer
an 8,000 lb winch will be plenty. just make sure it is well mounted, id sugjest a reciever hitch front and rear so you can pull yourself backwards or forwards.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Ok. Also, let's say I want to jack up the front end to take tension off the front suspension to crank up the torsion bars, what should I stick under the van in case the jack fails to keep from having a bad day? Are there some kind of blocks they sell or something?

You're like my AA sponsor for over landing dude, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3