Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
yea coils can hold lots of weight. Just i think their life span doesn't last as long..

And air bags!!???

no..haha

Gregster

Observer
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/279865-official-firestone-riderite-lift-thread.html

IMG_1281_zps28c2caea.jpg

IMG_1283_zpsf82706b1.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Thanks for the input guys, I was also looking into the floating airbags as you loose zero down travel. One thing at a time.... Next up a Mean Green and transmission cooler.
IMG_2013092413521.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Thanks for the input guys, I was also looking into the floating airbags as you loose zero down travel. One thing at a time.... Next up a Mean Green and transmission cooler.
IMG_2013092413521.jpg

I like to tell the Chevy guys around here that the Mean Greens are very similar to the Toyota starters and alternators.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I like to tell the Chevy guys around here that the Mean Greens are very similar to the Toyota starters and alternators.

Well...I put a GM CS144 alternator in my Toyota....haha

110amps at idle. 140 above 1200rpms. Plus..only 130 bucks...

The mean greens are sweet just outa my price range haha

What are the specs on yours?

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Well...I put a GM CS144 alternator in my Toyota....haha

110amps at idle. 140 above 1200rpms. Plus..only 130 bucks...

The mean greens are sweet just outa my price range haha

What are the specs on yours?

I am just stock. I have an extra I am going to have our local alternator guy beef up someday. Its been sitting for a while now with that plan.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I am just stock. I have an extra I am going to have our local alternator guy beef up someday. Its been sitting for a while now with that plan.

Would advise against that.

a HO version of your stock alterntor won't put out hardly any power at idle. You'll have to be at higher speeds to do so.

While that might not seem crucial..i like knowing mine can charge my batteries good at idle..just me though.

here is a good explanation on what i mean.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/91996-Upgraded-alternator-for-the-5vz-fe-(-02-Tacoma)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Would advise against that.

a HO version of your stock alterntor won't put out hardly any power at idle. You'll have to be at higher speeds to do so.

While that might not seem crucial..i like knowing mine can charge my batteries good at idle..just me though.

here is a good explanation on what i mean.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/91996-Upgraded-alternator-for-the-5vz-fe-(-02-Tacoma)

Thanks. I really don't have any worries with the alternator. No fridge yet, 1 pair of little 140MM Lightforces and a nice Diehard Platinum battery. I do plan on adding some electrical stuff for my RTT and some other lights for the bed area (those will be LEDs) in the future though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal