Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
What you had a snorkel just laying around?! damn...been wanting one..

I like the prefilter look!

Some even paint them solid black too. You have a shot of how the snorkel tub comes out of the fiberglass?

Zam15

Explorer
Not sure I would paint it, I like being able to see what I have going on in there. Actually got over excited when I saw the first chunk of something show up in the filter :wings:

I hooked up one of local guys here with the ARB snorkel so it will be going to a good home and will see many more trips :)
Here is a shot of the entry point.
IMAG1132.jpg

Xrunner

Explorer
Looks great!

coming from the jeep world, a lot of guys had these on the AEV snorkels. They work great. Some even painted the clear part black because so many people asked why they had a light on a tube lol.

Just add some LEDs or glow paint inside and come up with a really good story to go with it. :D

jameswick

Awesome truck! How much weight does your shell have to support with the RTT setup? My RTT is ~200lbs and my dad and I also around that.. so a shell that's rated for 400lbs seems a little sketchy. Did you have to reinforce the shell or is your setup light enough?

Zam15

Explorer
Awesome truck! How much weight does your shell have to support with the RTT setup? My RTT is ~200lbs and my dad and I also around that.. so a shell that's rated for 400lbs seems a little sketchy. Did you have to reinforce the shell or is your setup light enough?
The shell supports it just fine, its the bedsides where the problem can be. As the shell has angled sides it pushes down on bedsides in a way that cause them to spread so I added some braces to prevent that from happening anymore.
`````|
`````V
``` /---\
<---|```|-->

jameswick

Good to hear. I'll do a little tinkering and see how I feel about loading 150% of what the shell is rated for.

The shell supports it just fine, its the bedsides where the problem can be. As the shell has angled sides it pushes down on bedsides in a way that cause them to spread so I added some braces to prevent that from happening anymore.
`````|
`````V
``` /---\
<---|```|-->

Zam15

Explorer
Just picked up a ScanGauge Ultra II for a decent price, I'll be a little less :confused: if that check engine light ever comes on again (o2 sensors :mad: ). Now I just need to find the time to pull down my headliner and install my HAM, Aux Speaker and ScanGauge...

Rene Fulcrum

Hey can you show some photos of your aux fuse block and relay setup? I have a CA emissions Tacoma and I'm trying to find a place for my fuses. Thanks man!! :)

Zam15

Explorer
So TRD Parts 4U is having a special on their Super Chargers and it looks like the prices are set to go up... I have always planned on adding a SC at some point in the future. This would be my first "power" related mods as everything I have done up until now has done the opposite. Not sure I can pass up.

Should I go for it!?! :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal