1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

bkg

Explorer
I'll probably keep it for a season and wheel it a bit and then sell it. I just enjoy building them.

If that's the case... build me a super-clean White or Gray (gray interior) 94-95 xcab, SR5 with all options... throw in a 2uz, 5-speed auto, 4.7 single case, Diamond rear, 4" lift (max) either IFS w/ custom brakes and steering or 4WU 3-link w/ no fenderwell mods and a Diamond. Then add ARB front bumper, custom rear (with swing out), 35's, matching 'glass topper, killer (hidden) stereo/CB/HAM... oh... and throw a supercharger on the 2uz since you're in there. Cruise control must work.

I'll fly out in July to pick it up. :)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I am sure he would enjoy building that truck for you.
If that's the case... build me a super-clean White or Gray (gray interior) 94-95 xcab, SR5 with all options... throw in a 2uz, 5-speed auto, 4.7 single case, Diamond rear, 4" lift (max) either IFS w/ custom brakes and steering or 4WU 3-link w/ no fenderwell mods and a Diamond. Then add ARB front bumper, custom rear (with swing out), 35's, matching 'glass topper, killer (hidden) stereo/CB/HAM... oh... and throw a supercharger on the 2uz since you're in there. Cruise control must work.

I am sure he would enjoy building that truck for you.

Got that right.

What? No fender mods? You obviously haven't seen my fender work.

The thing about the fiberglass fenders is that the fender opening is all wrong. They make them look like an aging desert racer chase truck. When I cut fenders I try to maintain the factory lines. I need to cut the fenders on my '83 now and I want to do something a bit different. I want to section the opening using two sets of fenders so I the factory look will be completely maintained. I haven't wheeled the truck yet so I don't know how much I need to move the flare, maybe I'll only have to open it up in the back of the fender.

Check out the fender job thread I did on TTORA. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164292

bkg

Explorer
The thing about the fiberglass fenders is that the fender opening is all wrong. They make them look like an aging desert racer chase truck. When I cut fenders I try to maintain the factory lines. I need to cut the fenders on my '83 now and I want to do something a bit different. I want to section the opening using two sets of fenders so I the factory look will be completely maintained. I haven't wheeled the truck yet so I don't know how much I need to move the flare, maybe I'll only have to open it up in the back of the fender.

Check out the fender job thread I did on TTORA. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164292

That's artwork! I agree with you about the desert comment on Gen1, Gen2 trucks... but I think the Gen3 is more forgiving in that space. Tacoma fenders - all the 'glass I've seen I dislike.

The fenders on this truck are Toyotafiberglass.com, I believe. http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ickup-Desk-to-Glory-v2-0?highlight=desk+glory

Thanks. That job takes a solid 5 days.

I like them on 3rd gen trucks and 2nd gen Tacomas. Here's a 2007 DC I built with the full body kit from Glassworks. I like that one.

Thanks guys.

On a good note, I have had a bit of time to work on the truck lately and I have started on the dash. I was afraid to start on the dash because I knew it was going to be a lot of work, but I have chopped it up and started putting it back together the way I want it. The hardest part is going to be building a shroud for the gauge cluster that allows for removal of the cluster. I'm building the whole thing out of steel so it can be welded easily, but it is still very time consuming.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
Thanks. That job takes a solid 5 days.

I like them on 3rd gen trucks and 2nd gen Tacomas. Here's a 2007 DC I built with the full body kit from Glassworks. I like that one.

Man, I was contemplating sending my Taco out there for you to do a SAS like the one in the pic; maybe do some sight seeing for a week while the truck was being built, but it looks like the cost would be so high that I'd have to pickup so many off duty jobs that I wouldent be able to enjoy it for about a year. Great work on that truck, welds look good, as well as the quality. I get envious when I see SAS builds, but I think I'll keep mine relatively "stock" for about 5-10 more years.

Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad