2013 Toyota 4Runner, Equipt Edition Build

dmc

Adventurer
As always Pablo your rig is extremely well thought out. I was VERY impressed with the performance this past week. I still miss your 100 but the 4Runner is changing that in a hurry.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
As always Pablo your rig is extremely well thought out. I was VERY impressed with the performance this past week. I still miss your 100 but the 4Runner is changing that in a hurry.

x2, Paul really put it through the paces with grace!

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Very nice installation. It looks like you have plenty of power now. I am glad I could give you some ideas.

Cheers,

Equipt

x2, Paul really put it through the paces with grace!

Thanks Dave and Kurt, and all the other UCE3 guys. I really had a lot of fun this weekend, and honestly came away very impressed with the capability of the 4Runner. It's amazing what all those new fangled buttons can do. From rock crawling to bolder fields to really slick mud, it handled it all and kept up with the 100s just fine. I miss the 100 too, but I am liking the 4Runner more with every outing.

Cheers,

Equipt

UCE3

Utah Cruiser Expedition 3

I spent the last 4 days exploring southern Utah with some great friends. The third of our explorations took us from the lowest to the highest points possible to drive in the state of Utah, accessed by as much dirt road as possible. A 1275 mile round trip, with just over 500 of those miles on dirt. Great friends creating lifetime memories. I wouldn't miss it. Here are a couple shots from the weekend. Lowest point, camp first night, and highest point.

_MG_5605.JPG_MG_5710.JPG_MG_5792.JPG

Thanks to the whole UCE3 crew for another incredible time.

Cheers,

Equipt

Thanks for the kind words, and the great photos Adam. It was good to see your sons too. They are growing up quickly, and going to be great young men. And Bjorn is a born wheeler.

Cheers,

Equipt

Paul- Do you have any plans to add a snorkel to your truck?

I do. Just need to find one. My focus has been on other parts of the truck. Protection lately. But a snorkel is something I would definitely like to have. For our part of the world it isn't so much about water crossing as it is about clean air for the engine. Dusty roads kick a lot of bad air into the intake. Not good long term. The cooler and cleaner the air, the better the performance. The snorkel on the 100 Series made a big difference, and I am sure it was a factor in the truck's longevity. I haven't seen a snorkel for the 5th gen yet, so if you see one let me know.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77