2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

Dalko43

Explorer
The lockers are great. The suspension is great. More off-road oriented vehicles are great. GM missed the ball with the 30.6 inch tires. The restriction on upsizing tires will be off-putting to people who will actually buy this truck. I agree that 32"-33" tires are the sweet spot for this type of vehicle. And this truck has 30" tires. Too small. If it can fit a 285/70R17 without having to throw away that new suspension it should be a winner for the people who will actually buy this truck.

Dude, the truck isn't even out yet. None of us know what tire sizes can and can't be used with the ZR2. Saying that "Gm missed the ball" is getting ahead of yourself.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Returning to the ZR2, especially the diesel, this Toyota fanboy who has a 2016 TRDOR Taco sitting outside, is thinking maybe he should have waited.
Agreed the Diesel is a pretty nice machine. I checked out a diesel Canyon last week. Really do like that little engine. Very quiet too.

p nut

butter
Returning to the ZR2, especially the diesel, this Toyota fanboy who has a 2016 TRDOR Taco sitting outside, is thinking maybe he should have waited.

Heck, those Tacos are worth more used than new! Shouldn't loose too much money on it if you decide to off it...

No kidding. I don't know what the CA market is like, but just drive it over to CO and you'll have it sold in a day.

p nut

butter
Jeep sells well over twice as many JKs as 4Runners for reasons that are apparently oblivious to you guys. Toyota does not even offer a product to compete with the Rubicon.

To think that Jeep's truck will just make a "dent" in off-road midsize truck sales is naive.

Yup, I am pretty naïve. Have a good one. :)

p nut

butter
Dude, the truck isn't even out yet. None of us know what tire sizes can and can't be used with the ZR2. Saying that "Gm missed the ball" is getting ahead of yourself.

Yeah, we'll see fairly shortly. I see the tire clearance being like any other mid-size rig out there. 4Runner/Taco, Xterra, etc. Stock with 31's (most cases) and 32's with no or minor mods. 33's with a bit more massaging. From what I read concerning current Colorado's, anyway. I got 33's on my truck, but turning back the clock, I would've gone 32's. There is plenty of off-roading to be had out here in the West, but for my travels, none that requires 33" tires. I even got a leveling kit, but glad I haven't put it on yet. I'll probably end up just selling it. Stock height is just fine for me.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
No kidding. I don't know what the CA market is like, but just drive it over to CO and you'll have it sold in a day.

Airbag recall last week in my Sequoia. They had two used Tacomas parked out on the used lot. Keep in mind around here Bayarea all our dealers are owned by the same Autogroup. They carefully meter out their inventory and price fix the region. 2014 Taco 4dr sr5 sb AT 30,000 miles on it window sticker listed no Joke $38,000!!!. DIRECTLY across from it a brand new Tundra 4x4 4dr msrp sticker $38,000.. I started laughing. Sales guy askes me whats up? I point out the two trucks and pricing. I suggested they should swap the mid trim Tundra with a loaded one. Given they were asking $38k for a used taco with 30,000 on the clock no less than 30ft away. After a long pause he walked back into the showroom to the boss. LOL

^ EXACTLY why I wont own another Toyota. My Sequoia was a private sale deal the seller had 3 dealers call him and offer cash sight unseen, they buy up craigs list cars that undercut their fixed pricing around here.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
2013 taco 4 door sr5 LB here for 28,000 CDN...do the conversion....great deal...theres a 2010 there to for much less.

Clutch

<---Pass

Yeah, we'll see fairly shortly. I see the tire clearance being like any other mid-size rig out there. 4Runner/Taco, Xterra, etc. Stock with 31's (most cases) and 32's with no or minor mods. 33's with a bit more massaging. From what I read concerning current Colorado's, anyway. I got 33's on my truck, but turning back the clock, I would've gone 32's. There is plenty of off-roading to be had out here in the West, but for my travels, none that requires 33" tires. I even got a leveling kit, but glad I haven't put it on yet. I'll probably end up just selling it. Stock height is just fine for me.

There are 32's on the concept...doesn't appear GM strayed too far. Think 32's will fit just fine. Have been running 32's for 14 years now...nice sweet spot tire for me at least, as I have run 31's and 33's in the past.

6a00d83451b3c669e201bb07b03403970d-800wi

Clutch

<---Pass
Airbag recall last week in my Sequoia. They had two used Tacomas parked out on the used lot. Keep in mind around here Bayarea all our dealers are owned by the same Autogroup. They carefully meter out their inventory and price fix the region. 2014 Taco 4dr sr5 sb AT 30,000 miles on it window sticker listed no Joke $38,000!!!. DIRECTLY across from it a brand new Tundra 4x4 4dr msrp sticker $38,000.. I started laughing. Sales guy askes me whats up? I point out the two trucks and pricing. I suggested they should swap the mid trim Tundra with a loaded one. Given they were asking $38k for a used taco with 30,000 on the clock no less than 30ft away. After a long pause he walked back into the showroom to the boss. LOL

^ EXACTLY why I wont own another Toyota. My Sequoia was a private sale deal the seller had 3 dealers call him and offer cash sight unseen, they buy up craigs list cars that undercut their fixed pricing around here.

Yeah... Bay Area prices are nutz....for just about everything and anything (the ex-wife is from Cupertino). Tacoma resale is a bit nutty, some think they are made of gold, even the prices on the roached out ones are crazy. They're good little trucks to point, but not much truck for those prices.. think a lot of the nutso resale prices stems from internet lure. Kinda hoping GM, Nissan...and Ford knocks them off their high horse. The 3rd gen Taco, isn't all that exciting...just warmed over version of itself.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Yeah... Bay Area prices are nutz....for just about everything and anything (the ex-wife is from Cupertino). Tacoma resale is a bit nutty, some think they are made of gold, even the prices on the roached out ones are crazy. They're good little trucks to point, but not much truck for those prices.. think a lot of the nutso resale prices stems from internet lure. Kinda hoping GM, Nissan...and Ford knocks them off their high horse. The 3rd gen Taco, isn't all that exciting...just warmed over version of itself.

Couldn't agree more. I'd like to see our States Attorney file price fixing on the Auto Group also. I ran into a blatant attempt to do this at the Marin Toyota shop. They flat out told me We dont negotiate our price, pointed at 4 sister dealer adds as justification and told me I can drive 600 miles to get out of their ahem controlled region. I laughed told him using his own pricing off sister lots without disclosing that was piss poor strategy. I walked out. Got a call from HQ in LA asking what it would take to get me back to the lot. I told them nothing never doing business with their Autogroup again. Silence.............
Then asked why? Simple your price fixing specific models in a given region which one is illegal, and 2 simply ****ty business.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
There are 32's on the concept...doesn't appear GM strayed too far. Think 32's will fit just fine. Have been running 32's for 14 years now...nice sweet spot tire for me at least, as I have run 31's and 33's in the past.

6a00d83451b3c669e201bb07b03403970d-800wi

The most recent news this week 33s are on it.

Clutch

<---Pass
Couldn't agree more. I'd like to see our States Attorney file price fixing on the Auto Group also. I ran into a blatant attempt to do this at the Marin Toyota shop. They flat out told me We dont negotiate our price, pointed at 4 sister dealer adds as justification and told me I can drive 600 miles to get out of their ahem controlled region. I laughed told him using his own pricing off sister lots without disclosing that was piss poor strategy. I walked out. Got a call from HQ in LA asking what it would take to get me back to the lot. I told them nothing never doing business with their Autogroup again. Silence.............
Then asked why? Simple your price fixing specific models in a given region which one is illegal, and 2 simply ****ty business.

I probably wouldn't even bother, best way is to vote with your dollar. Toyota has been resting on its' laurels with the Tacoma for way too long. Good to see competition stepping it up.

The most recent news this week 33s are on it.

Cool!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven