A Hummer H3 built for everything.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
When ever you get a chance and your around the h3 could you get me a few pix of the jk steering box like from above in the engine compartment and through the fender I'm trying to see what kind of room I would have for it on my truck because I would rather have it inboard the frame than outside like the yota box that I was thinking of using

Thanks Kenny

Sure. I get back to my truck next week. I'll take some pics then.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Sparky

Absolutely Amazing!!

I've got an 09' H3 and am wanting to do similar work to the suspension on mine. Sorry if I missed who did the suspension work, it was a lot of reading, but could you tell me which shop did the work? I'd like to contact them about my truck. Thanks and keep the pics coming!!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Off Road Evolution in California did the suspension and conversion. Funny how we have the same 4x4 and bike. I have a Buell XB12ssg. It's an SS but with the lower suspension of the SG.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
I am glad to finally see the entire finished product! Emil has been a huge fan and supporter of you over the years, and I have heard alot about you and know a bit more after reading through this!

If you need any more recovery gear from us in the future let me know.

-Alex

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I am glad to finally see the entire finished product! Emil has been a huge fan and supporter of you over the years, and I have heard alot about you and know a bit more after reading through this!

If you need any more recovery gear from us in the future let me know.

-Alex

Thanks Alex. Emil has always been an outstanding guy. It's amazing how many hours we would be on the phone exchanging ideas back in the days. Just recently I got some of those military bags you have with quite a bit of recovery gear. Including a Pull-Pal. Later on in the build you'll see pics of all the gear secured in the trunk. Thanks again.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Whilst overseas, I organized long before I returned, to get with East Coast Gear Supply to help out with some fabrication. I also organized with Lee from TLC Transmission to go over some mechanical stuff. Even though he's a tranny expert, he's a great overall mechanic.

The day after I got back in the US, the H3 went into East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh NC.

IMG_0377.jpg

They were going to make some custom UCP as well as solve some drive line issues. They were also going to help to center both axles in the wheel wells.

IMG_0375.jpg

Here is the beginning of the front skid plate. It was complicated since it had to clear the control arms.

IMG_0374.jpg

They also modified a crossmember to clear the front drive shaft that was hitting it. They also added some limiting straps to stop some binding in the pitman heim as well as the drive shaft u-joints. Here we discovered that ORE had ordered the drive shafts way too short!!!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Two days later, keeping to a tight time schedule so I could go wheeling that weekend, they had finished all their work.

62129063.jpg

Front skid plate.

e6503df5.jpg

Rear skid plate that protects the transfer case. They do amazing work. Just enough to protect everything, but not too much to cause heat issues or accumulate mud. Just right!

4x4x4doors

Explorer
East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh built the tcase skid? I like that. Have been looking for something for my Colorado. May give them a call. How long did they take?

Sparky

Great minds think alike....

Off Road Evolution in California did the suspension and conversion. Funny how we have the same 4x4 and bike. I have a Buell XB12ssg. It's an SS but with the lower suspension of the SG.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Obviously you have good taste. Since buying the H3 and the Buell, I'm quite careful what I purchase because I don't want to see them go out of business :)

Thanks for the info.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Obviously you have good taste. Since buying the H3 and the Buell, I'm quite careful what I purchase because I don't want to see them go out of business :)

Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the club!!!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
East Coast Gear Supply in Raleigh built the tcase skid? I like that. Have been looking for something for my Colorado. May give them a call. How long did they take?

They do amazing work and have tons of experience. They are also very busy so be prepared to wait to get in line for an appointment. I waited a few months to get stuff done but it was well worth it. They also fixed a ton of driveline and suspension issues. Great guys.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman