Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

Scott Brady

Founder
Arctic_Ocean_sml.JPG

We just had some great Sushi in Whitehorse to celebrate our drive to the ocean. We have been so fortunate with great weather and wonderful people met along the way.

Here is our trip update for our day in Tuktoyuktuk

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Enjoy it amigo! You're livin' the good life right now! Just keep the pictures coming so all of us working sclubs can dream....

Congrats on Tuk!

:clapsmile

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Way up North!

Well done guys! Enjoy the return trip, drive safe and stay warm.
Thanks for all the pics and updates.
Cheers :beer: ,
P

Scott Brady

Founder
This is Chris using Scott's account:

alvarorb said:
Chris,

I looked around for an Echolink enabled repeater near Inuvik.
The closest one is in Alaska... Unfortunately that's too far.

Echolink allows a user on a computer running Echolink software to talk to any one in the range of a Echolink enabled repeater. In other words, if there was an Echolink enabled repeater in your area, I could talk to your 2m radio using my computer.

Let me know the towns you'll visit when traveling south. We might be able to get this going.

http://www.echolink.org/links.asp?lat_deg=69&lat_min=26&lat_NS=North&lon_deg=133&lon_min=01&lon_EW=West&gs=CP39lk&sel=city&city=Inuvik&state=&country=CA&d=2

Regards

Alvaro

Alvaro, thanks. Once again, we are on the run. I copied the echolink info for the Victoria station. We should be in the area tomorrow night maybe (Fri night) so try it at 8:30PM MST if you have a chance.

To all, thanks for all of the great words and encouragement! We appreciate it so much. I'm sorry I don't have time to answer everyone's questions right now. I'll have to try to catch up in a couple of days when we get down near the border.

Red Dog, those table cards are so cool. Sorry we missed you, but I totally understand. Thanks for your efforts!

viter

Adventurer
great pictures, good writing (especially on that last sentence in the march 26 update), and it sure looks like you guys are having lots of fun!!!

enjoy your great trip!!!

and obviously, big THANKS for the updates!

Last edited:

toyrunner95

Explorer
hey you guys dont know where you are staying on the 1st, down in renton washingotn do you? i know you are visiting ARB but where are you staying, im going to try and meet with you there. im driving from pullman so im trying not to miss you guys, if you are on the trails in the morning on the 2nd i might try and tag along for a while and take pics. any way good luck watch the weather on the west coast, there is a front moving in.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Chris said:
We encountered no one along the way. We watched Caribou battling in the snow. That evening, I saw the Northern Lights for the very first time. We ended up camping along the Dempster ....

Scott said:
In all of my travels, whether a Tarahumaran family in Barranca Del Cobre or a Bedouin tent in the Sahara, the distant enclaves of aboriginal people are nearly always the most giving and content.

Man! Some good things are happening to some good people. :clapsmile

Continued best wishes and safe travels, gentlemen.

OldSven

Explorer
So did I hear that this crowd is heading down through the Seattle area? If so when would you be coming through?

paulj

Expedition Leader
Weatherwise this could be an interesting weekend in the Seattle area. Today it was balmy, short sleave weather (around 60), but by Sunday (1st) they are predicting snow down to the 1500 ft level.

There was talk earlier about some sort of meeting with the ARB people in Renton, and some sort of camp out or trail riding south of there. I don't know if anything has firmed up.

paulj

toyrunner95

Explorer
it would be nice to know, i dont mean to sound mean, im just anxious and excited, but its really up in the air for me if i meet them or not, its a long drive and i will already be missing a day of school going into finals, but this may be the only chance i get to meet these guys so im willing to risk it. i sure hope they arent late.

Scott Brady

Founder
We are in Smithers, B.C. and looking for a car wash, big chucks of ice are falling off now. The sun is out and we are shedding layers fast.

We will end up an hour or so north of Vancouver tonight :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat