Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

flywgn

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
We did it!

Parked on the Arctic Ocean and spent the day in Tuk with an Inuit family. A wonderful experience.

What a great experience for all! Is 'Tuk' short for Tuktoyaktuk?

expeditionswest said:
...We are now heading off on the road less traveled to Aklavik and a little used ice road down the Peel River to Fort McPherson.

Now, you're talking! That will be a great expedition!

Know you guys will have some great stories.

Cheers!

Allen R

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Great job! Thanks for feeding those of us left behind. We are all enjoying your expedition vicariously. :av-7:

pwc

Explorer
How's the lens fogging issue when you take the cameras from inside the cab to outside? Or is it just such low humidity that it doesn't matter?

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Congratulations, Gentlemen.

Quite an impressive endeavor. I am glad to hear everything has worked in your favor. I wish you well on your travels home. Mario and I were talking earlier today and we both mentioned that, much like climbing, climbing down can actually be more dangerous. Take care, my friends and travel safe.

Cheers,

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I was thinking tonight, in -30 degree weather, how are you keeping your drinking water supply from freezing? I assume for a trip this long you have more than can be carried in the cab and then you also are camping at night.

What's the trick? Thanks :REOutIceFishing:

toyrunner95

Explorer
a stove: its this neat thing that is hot, thus melting frozen water. j/k i believe they took out their water supply system on scotts truck or have a couple 5gal jugs in the cab.

funny thing is, it gets to -17 here in pullman at night and i still walk home from my girlfriends house, litterally 5 miles up hill both ways in the snow, i kid not. i look like a sherpa when i do it but...

Willman

expeditionswest said:
We did it!

Parked on the Arctic Ocean and spent the day in Tuk with an Inuit family. A wonderful experience.

We are now heading off on the road less traveled to Aklavik and a little used ice road down the Peel River to Fort McPherson.

Awesome!!! Love all the pictures!!!

:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat