Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
crawler#976 said:
KD7UUS, KE7IXX

Chris and Scott -

I've had no sucsess with the Whitehorse IRLP node in the last two days - I've e-mailed the site admin, but have not recieved a reply.

In any case, I'll try to raise you on 146.580 both days you'll be in the area 20th/21rst and the 29th/30th.

Let me also know please and I'll try and do the same.

RedDog

Explorer
Indeed good luck fellas. Things have also moderated from the insane temperatures seen a couple weeks back in the far north. Southern Alberta has essentially no snow left and we were basking here around +10c / 50ºF on the weekend so ours is mostly gone also. Still cooler further north but nothing like it was.

A collegue of mine was up volunteering for 13 days at the Canada Winter Games in Whitehorse, Yukon through that insane cold spell. They've moderated nicely there (now that the games are over of course) and are looking at 0ºC / 32ºF by the end of this week - a far cry from minus 45 for sure.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Whulp, you guys should be wheels up today if you're still on schedule. We look forward to reading the posts and sharing your adventure vicariously. From your friends here at Adventure Trailers, we wish you good luck and Godspeed!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
On the road!

We are rollin! :rally_guys:

I am posting en route. The wireless connection is working pretty fast out here in northern AZ. We are moving towards Kingman and Vegas at the moment. The laptop with the RAM mount is really going to help us keep in touch and get some work done as we make our way north.

It was unbelievably warm today in Prescott... hard to believe we'll be in the cold before the week is out.

Thanks for the info on the radio. I will hopefully be able to schedule some comm's with you guys after we get through Edmonton.

Regarding the LED lights, I aplogize that we don't have the info on them right now. But when we get back we can look that up for you. I know they are out of Germany.

Stay tuned...

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
elcoyote said:
Whulp, you guys should be wheels up today if you're still on schedule. We look forward to reading the posts and sharing your adventure vicariously. From your friends here at Adventure Trailers, we wish you good luck and Godspeed!

Thanks! Looks like we were posting at the same time. :costumed-smiley-007 It was really great to spend time with all of you guys at the ISE show. Thanks for the fantastic send-off!

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
congratulations guys. we're all very envious and we can't wait to see and hear all about it.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Godspeed! Have a great time, should be a trip for the books! Make snow angels on the ice highway, NAKED! Come on, I dare ya!:yikes: LOL!

RedDog

Explorer
Question for the Expedition: Were you fellas still possibly having a joinable dinner in Canmore? For that matter any breakfast / lunch / dinner from there to Edmonton where you'd welcome a guest?

Dumb-Azz question for the house: Can someone tune in a raw wireless rookie in layman's terms how the boys are on-line in a mobile vehicle connecting to the world with a notebook? This is a direction I wish to go and seriously don't know what technology I should even be researching. A quick guiding hand here would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

brittan

Adventurer
Most wireless carries have data networks that run on 3G and/or 1X technologies. Direct TV has a data solution via geosynchronous orbit satellites. My guess is they are using 1X.

Scott - Chris...
Be safe my friends and have a wonderful time.

freetomeander

Good luck, have fun, and I hope you get into Canada!!! lol
Last summer two friends of ours in an RV were denied entrance because they made the mistake of telling the border guy that they were butterfly collectors and that's what they were going to do in Canada. Something about not allowing taking or destroying natural resources!! You just never know...but you don't even want to think about being turned back at the border!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat