Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

Scott Brady

Founder
I am thinking we will need to plan on 15-20 people, as there are a few coming in from IH8MUD too. We can be flexible on the parking, as it seems to fit in pretty tight places.

If we could figure out a plan today and get an address it would be excellent. I am expecting we can be in Calgary around 6-6:30.

Thanks so much for the help :)

Scott Brady

Founder
We are having a beautiful trip so far and I am typing this post with a view of the Grand Tetons in the background. We camped last night on the Snake River.

Lot's of new posts on the Trip Blog, including my protein induced coma :D

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
CALGARY MEET DETAILS:

Sunday March 18 - 6:30 PM

Keg Steakhouse
Stadium Shopping Centre - By McMahon Stadium and the Foothills Hospital.
1928 Uxbridge Drive
Calgary, Alberta
http://en.kegsteakhouse.com/locations/Alberta/Calgary/Stadium_Keg

I have reserved an area in the lounge for 15-20 people.

This location should be really easy for you guys to get to Scott - it's one block off Highway 1 and about 20 minutes from the west side city limits.

See you soon!

Pete

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Chris and Scott -

Local news break:

The Palace Fire has burned 700 to 1000 acres 3 miles south east of Palace Station between FS 82 (Bodie Mine Rd.) and FS 52 (Senator Hyw). The NF has 4 Hot Shot crews on scene and one chopper. The northern boundary is contained via burnout along Senator Hyw. The fire started as a controlled burn on Monday, and jumped the boundaries on Tues in record heat (near 80 deg) and 15 - 25 MPH winds.

Mark

jg45

Oh man, I love the Gun Barrel. I had the wildest ravioli there. It was wild game (duck, elk and something else if memory serves correctly) and tasted oh so good. We stayed in some nice cabins on the Snake just north of Jackson in Moose Wyoming. Absolutely beautiful area. Looking forward to your next report.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
The KEG sounds great! We don't mind driving to the one with better parking, whatever works. We've just covered 5 states so a little extra drive across town won't hurt :ylsmoke:

We are cruising along Hwy 90 westbound through Montana to see the guys at AEV. The Flint Creek range is looming on the horizon with Mt. Evans and Mt. Powell standing proud.

Mark, thanks for the update from home. Sad to hear about the fire.

RedDog

Explorer
mountainpete - What time do you plan to be there? I'm thinking I could whip together a couple fair sized table tent cards with Expeditions West - Arctic Ocean Expedition on them for the tables so people know where the group is gathering upon arrival.

Btw, +15c for Calgary on Saturday, around 60ºF for our American friends. Not too shabby at all. :D

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
RedDog said:
mountainpete - What time do you plan to be there? I'm thinking I could whip together a couple fair sized table tent cards with Expeditions West - Arctic Ocean Expedition on them for the tables so people know where the group is gathering upon arrival.

Btw, +15c for Calgary on Saturday, around 60ºF for our American friends. Not too shabby at all. :D

RedDog - I'll shoot for around 6:00 to be there. Some tent cards would be cool :)

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
BajaTaco said:
LOL! Still driving... roaming the streets of Missoula after dark :punk03:

You guys rock!

Just keep the "roaming" to a generally northerly direction and you'll be fine.

:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat