Big THANK YOU to the Hollister Overland team!

spikemd

Explorer
Great pics from everyone. I am really bummed I could not make this event and being just a few hours away killed me... hopefully, they will come back here next year.

I am wondering if anyone knows who makes the chairs I see at the Overland Journal and Equipt tents in these pics? thanks.

1023882814_9ZeZo-L.jpg

082f5eb1.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
Thanks.

They look very nice. After some searching, I came across them.

They look like some very high quality items hand-crafted in the US. Next time I am in Santa Cruz, I will try to swing by and check them out. thanks.

Here is a link to the website and a video from Overland Expo 2010:

http://www.campaignchairs.com/

$320-$370 a piece.

bendersfab

Supporting Sponsor
Goodtimes

We just wanted to thank everyone who participated in and organized this great event that brought together an even better community of people.. It was really nice to see familiar folks, putting faces to avatars, and meeting new people..

Goodtimes.

see yah next year :sombrero: .... or maybe AZ..

dr. benny

Enjoying The Journey
Ride Report

Hey guys - I had a great time at the Rally! A few days ago I crossed into Mexico and I've been working my way down the Baja Peninsula. Here's the write-up from the rally. The ride report is getting caught up. If you'd like email updates just click here. I hope to see ya'll out on the road in the future! Cheers. - Ben

barlowrs

Explorer
Just curious... what air pressure were you running in your tires over these obstacles?

I think I aired down to about 22psi...I didnt see anything that really required me to air down too much, and I dont have air on board yet (will soon) so I wasnt sure when I would get to air back up.

I should have known that with the great group of guys there, everyone of them would have offered me air though.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I think I aired down to about 22psi...I didnt see anything that really required me to air down too much, and I dont have air on board yet (will soon) so I wasnt sure when I would get to air back up.

I should have known that with the great group of guys there, everyone of them would have offered me air though.

22psi was probably fine.... FWIW you can air up right next to the park's main gate. Decent compressor there with 3-4 air lines.:smiley_drive:

barlowrs

Explorer
22psi was probably fine.... FWIW you can air up right next to the park's main gate. Decent compressor there with 3-4 air lines.:smiley_drive:

Yeah, I somone told me about that after, but with all those rigs and great ppl, I had no trouble getting air. Air is definatly my next task for my truck

TigerDan

Observer
Finally a chance to get on the computer... It's been a long week at work putting in a lot of long days.

I had a blast at the Rally and wanted to thank all the folks who put their time into making it a great event. Those guys all worked non-stop making it happen.

Of course I didn't do all the things I wanted like trail riding in the Land Cruiser and I was kicking myself for not entering the Trophy Challenge. As soon as I got up to the obstacle course and saw all the fun I knew I had made a mistake in skipping it.

I camped with Ben and his KLR. He gave the presentation on his South America trip and gave the MC traveling class. Ben has a great attitude on life and travel and I'm glad he let me share his space. Originally I just wanted to share his shady spot.
100_3575.jpg

I think the coolest part for me was the motorcycle instruction. It was priceless. Plus all the cool bikes that took part were fun to geek out on.

Charlie and Dirk both gave excellent instruction and seem to have a knack for putting things in terms that we could all understand.

I didn't take a ton of pics and others have posted just about all the cool stuff so I don't really have much more to contribute but here are a few just the same..

fin..

[hijack] I just happened to notice your location...where in Lake County? I'm in Kelseyville, and of course go up to Cow Mountain a bit...[/hijack]

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
I haven't had a chance to chime in here, so better late than never.

I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the Hollister gathering. I would like to thank the crew from Expeditions West for putting together a fantastic event in a very short timeframe. JP, Brian, Scott, Jeremy, Andre, and the rest all did a spectacular job. Thanks to all the volunteers and speakers too. And a special thanks to Kurt and Jonathon for feeding me all the time. Phenomenal what those two pulled off.

I am very honored to be involved with this event, and look forward to next year. I haven't figured out how to drive to England yet, but I am working on it.

If you can find a way to join the Rallies next year, it will be well worth your time.

cheers,

TangoBlue

American Adventurist

From the pictures perspective your tires seem to have little to no deformation over the rocks. But if your kidneys weren't bleeding after that trail run then it must work good for you. I usually take mine down to 12-15.

Murphy's Law of Off-roading, Lesson #32 - Always air-down - just when you think the terrain isn't that bad and you don't really need to air-down, is about the time when your fully-inflated M/T tires turn into skis and you slide downhill into a grove of trees.

Just wondering - thanks...

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
From the pictures perspective your tires seem to have little to no deformation over the rocks. But if your kidneys weren't bleeding after that trail run then it must work good for you. I usually take mine down to 12-15.

Murphy's Law of Off-roading, Lesson #32 - Always air-down - just when you think the terrain isn't that bad and you don't really need to air-down, is about the time when your fully-inflated M/T tires turn into skis and you slide downhill into a grove of trees.

Just wondering - thanks...

He was mid bounce when the photo was snapped. There was deflection before and after the pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__