Big THANK YOU to the Hollister Overland team!

syncrodoka

Adventurer
I took these because I recognized the rig from it's build

Attachments

• P1010274.JPG
    P1010274.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 56
  • P1010276.JPG
    P1010276.JPG
    417.6 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010278.JPG
    P1010278.JPG
    499.2 KB · Views: 80

barlowrs

Explorer
IIRC, Robert had one of the fastest times through the O-course too

haha, well being the only tacoma, I had to represent. (I do not count Matt's Bender tacoma as a tacoma, that thing is an evil spawn of bent steel with a tacoma logo on it..haha thing is a BEAST! :drool:)

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Are the Expedition Trophy results posted somewhere?
thx

x2 I was wondering about this myself....

FWIW, I grabbed the track log with timestamps from my GPS, and it turns out the estimate of 45 minutes to complete the trailer recovery for those involved was surprisingly accurate.

I was the first vehicle on the scene after it happened, so for Justin in may be a minute or two more, probably a minute or two less for the other two vehicles that showed up to help.

Last moving timestamp before the recovery was 10:59:17 AM and first moving timestamp after was 11:45:43 AM.

It was a little unclear to me that the navigational portion was timed anyway, but I thought I'd throw this out there in case you guys are still intending to post standings and taking time into consideration.

I would also understand getting dinged for this, since it was our choice to stop and help out with the recovery.

barlowrs

Explorer
x2 I was wondering about this myself....

FWIW, I grabbed the track log with timestamps from my GPS, and it turns out the estimate of 45 minutes to complete the trailer recovery for those involved was surprisingly accurate.

I was the first vehicle on the scene after it happened, so for Justin in may be a minute or two more, probably a minute or two less for the other two vehicles that showed up to help.

Last moving timestamp before the recovery was 10:59:17 AM and first moving timestamp after was 11:45:43 AM.

It was a little unclear to me that the navigational portion was timed anyway, but I thought I'd throw this out there in case you guys are still intending to post standings and taking time into consideration.

I would also understand getting dinged for this, since it was our choice to stop and help out with the recovery.

I do not think anyone should be dinged for this, helpign was the right thing to do.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Sadly I was originally right behind him signing the clipboard at the top of the hill but took a different route down or I would have been right there to help him right it and get down to the bottom. When I got down and didn't see him I just assumed he had problems finding his way back... little did I realize what really happened until he returned.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
rally world not stopping to help another rider in distress is grounds for disqualification.

One rallymaster put it best, if you come across a fellow competitor who needs help and you ride on without stopping to see if they're ok, just keep on going, don't bother stopping at the finish line or hotel, your presence isn't desired.

Good policy.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Finally a chance to get on the computer... It's been a long week at work putting in a lot of long days.

I had a blast at the Rally and wanted to thank all the folks who put their time into making it a great event. Those guys all worked non-stop making it happen.

Of course I didn't do all the things I wanted like trail riding in the Land Cruiser and I was kicking myself for not entering the Trophy Challenge. As soon as I got up to the obstacle course and saw all the fun I knew I had made a mistake in skipping it.

I camped with Ben and his KLR. He gave the presentation on his South America trip and gave the MC traveling class. Ben has a great attitude on life and travel and I'm glad he let me share his space. Originally I just wanted to share his shady spot.
100_3575.jpg

I think the coolest part for me was the motorcycle instruction. It was priceless. Plus all the cool bikes that took part were fun to geek out on.
100_3578.jpg

100_3576.jpg

Charlie and Dirk both gave excellent instruction and seem to have a knack for putting things in terms that we could all understand.

I didn't take a ton of pics and others have posted just about all the cool stuff so I don't really have much more to contribute but here are a few just the same..

Christian changing his tire before a ride - (not sure if it's the first goaround or the second since he put it on backwards the first time):sombrero:
100_3566.jpg

Thy guys securing the overturned VDub
100_3597.jpg

Mr. helpful setting up to pull up the poor Syncro
100_3598.jpg

Making repairs for the drive home
100_3613.jpg

fin..

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Are all those Go-Pro vids going to be posted? Since my lady was in the truck with me, we didnt get any good pics of my truck going through, the vid would be cool if we can get it.

I got a few shots of you on the obstacle course
100_3618.jpg

100_3619.jpg

100_3620.jpg

Your truck is super cool...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__