Birth of My Kimberley Karavan

h2os2

Adventurer
Thanks Brad!, I will keep your thread as subscribed, so in the future (now to get my wife interested :)) will know where to start if we go for purchasing one.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
^ When we ordered our Sports RVs I reverted to communicating with Bruce via telephone as often as possible and then send him an e-mail summary for record. I think, given his position, he just doesn't have time to read 100% of the e-mails/100% of the content he receives...including ours back in '08. Not excusing him but I think his plate is beyond full ;)

We also dealt with Rick Martin at KK and he was great!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Can you believe it 4+ years already!

I simply love Brad's Karavan camp displays and photography...just looking at the scene is relaxing :)

Thank you kind sir. I can assure you it's even more relaxing sitting on that porch sipping a Makers. :elkgrin:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Just short update since I got to get out all last week. We spent 5 days hopping the points along the North rim. 2 night on Point Sublime, one night on Fire Point and two more nights on Crazy Jug Point. The best part is since we had full sun and I was frugal on my electrical use, I never needed to fire up my generator for the Karavan. Many times I saw 8.5 amps coming in from the solar. Gotta love free energy. The Morningstar MPPT controller I upgraded to last year was a nice improvement.

North%20Rim%202013-285-X2.jpg

North%20Rim%202013-634-X2.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Just keeping this alive with a recent campsite at Marble View, North Rim.

Marble%20View-13-XL.jpg

It looks great in this photo but about an hour later the winds picked up big time. No fire that night and we hid inside the trailer the entire evening. Without the high winds it would have been a great campsite.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Nice Shot

When we were there in September, we made the mistake of camping out in the open well beyond the trees. When the wind came up - and it certainly did, I thought it would tip the karavan, and my wife was scared whitless.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks.

We couldn't even light the BBQ in the winds and had to use the inside cook top to make our dinner.

Here are a few shots of my son walking back to camp in the wind. He was trying to explore out the ridge but at times had to squat down and hold on to trees to not be blown over. :xxrotflma

Notice the pant fabric wrapped around his legs. :sombrero:

Marble%20View%20-207-L.jpg

Marble%20View%20-208-L.jpg

Marble%20View%20-209-L.jpg

Marble%20View%20-211-L.jpg

The morning was nice though.

Marble%20View-166-XL.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Glad to see the thread back to life. Always love both the trailer and the photography. Thanks!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks Mike. We just sold our Tucson home and are moving to Prescott this month. :)

I expect that will open up a lot more trip opportunities in the coming years.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Nice! Two things I just can't get enough of: pictures of the Grand Canyon and pictures of your camper!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I have been consumed with the move and fluffing our new home in Prescott. I finally got out last week for R&R under the stars. :wings:

i-HfH5Qz2-L.jpg

i-NJBMNVz-L.jpg

i-H6msQDj-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online