Box Rocket '03 DC Tacoma Build

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Still not quite sure what that means but I'll take it nonetheless. Thanks! It was a good time today. I've got some pics I'll share later.

I think it means utilitarian? Your rig is that :cool:

It was a close battle between you and John's 70 Series truck, you were victorious by a few votes.

I was really blown away by all the votes for Dave's troopy, that thing nearly won 4-5 different categories.

Box Rocket

Couple small updates.....

I never use the little cubby under my aftermarket headunit so I figured I could find a way to better use the space. Cut a little switch panel out of some sheetmetal and installed some new switches I got from OTRATTW.

Driving lights for my front Hellas

Rock Lights

and Backup Lights for my Hella Matador light that is on my bedrack.

_MG_5722.jpg

_MG_5721.jpg

_MG_5726.jpg

Also, I put my Maglite next to the shifter.
maglite.jpg

A couple months back I was swapping rotors and brake pads and decided it would be a good time to clean up the calipers. Maybe a bit much, but it looks ok.
_MG_5718.jpg

I picked up a rear brake proportioning valve relocation bracket from Bay Area Metal Fab (B.A.M.F.) and got it installed to get my rear brakes back too. These are really beefy nicely designed brackets.
IMG_5698.jpg

soonenough

Explorer
This has to be one of my favorite trucks on ExPo, great job! :drool: A few questions:
1) What wheels are on the truck? I looked through the thread but I couldn't find a brand / model of the wheels.
2) Did you paint or powdercoat them? If paint, what type did you use? Also, are the red TRD emblems on the wheels decals or painted on?
3) What type of anti-slip mat do you have on the sides of the rear bumper?

Box Rocket

This has to be one of my favorite trucks on ExPo, great job! :drool: A few questions:
1) What wheels are on the truck? I looked through the thread but I couldn't find a brand / model of the wheels.
2) Did you paint or powdercoat them? If paint, what type did you use? Also, are the red TRD emblems on the wheels decals or painted on?
3) What type of anti-slip mat do you have on the sides of the rear bumper?

1: Wheels are Ultra Motorsports En4cer Type 181 15x8
2: Painted. Rustoleum Gloss Black. TRD decals from Sockmonkey
3: I got them at Walmart in the trailer supply area.

Box Rocket

Not really an "overland" necessary mod, but I swapped out my factory exhaust for a Magnaflow muffler. Definitely a little deeper tone than the OEM muffler. Very quiet at idle, little bit louder in the cab at cruising rpms, and a good growl when you give it the beans.

Box Rocket

Nicely done mate!

I sure love mine......

what's up with the spare tire?

you mean my stock size worthless spare? Nothing. ;)

actually I'm on the hunt for a 33x10.50 for a spare so if you know of anything let me know. If I need to I'll buy new, but if I can find a decent used one that's the goal purely for cost reasons.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
you mean my stock size worthless spare? Nothing. ;)

actually I'm on the hunt for a 33x10.50 for a spare so if you know of anything let me know. If I need to I'll buy new, but if I can find a decent used one that's the goal purely for cost reasons.

Might want to consider a Treadwright. Tough to beat for the price.

I like the sound of that Magnaflow. My Taco is starting to get loud and I am sure it is going to need something come spring time. I will have to keep that in mind. I know there is a lot of guys running a certain Flowmaster that fits up there perfect too.

Last edited:

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Might want to consider a Treadwright. Tough to beat for the price.

I like the sound of that Magnaflow. My Taco is starting to get loud and I am sure it is going to need something come spring time. I will have to keep that in mind. I know there is a lot of guys running a certain Flowmaster that fits up there perfect too.

I'm running a Magnaflow on my 22RE. Exhaust is 2 1/4" from the cat back. Sound is very, very quiet. I'm extremely pleased with the muffler and wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Don't have the size I need in the Treadwrights. I want a 33x10.50R15 or a 255/75R16

I have a 33x10.50R15 BFG A/T spare tucked neatly into the stock location. I had the muffler shop move my tailpipe over a little bit to be sure I had plenty of clearance and no heat issues. Been working great for almost a year now.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I'm running a Magnaflow on my 22RE. Exhaust is 2 1/4" from the cat back. Sound is very, very quiet. I'm extremely pleased with the muffler and wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

I wish I could haev my old Prodrive muffler and sound I had on my old WRX I had years ago. It was beautiful music!

My pipes look good yet but I might go with a catback anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online