Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Sometimes the pinion angle can change, as the suspension moves up & down. You may need to set the pinion angle, with the truck 1/2 loaded, to get the least vibrations throughout the normal range of motion. In other words, if you set it perfectly in an un-loaded condition, you will probably have vibes when loaded, and visa-versa. If it is set perfectly, 1/2 way between loaded & unloaded, there may only be a tiny bit of vibe when unloaded or fully loaded.

Good advice. Thanks.

luk4mud

Explorer
What's that dash in front of the temp mean? I am sitting outside next to a pit fire as I type and plan on sleeping in the backyard again tonight. It probably won't drop under 50.

heeltoe989

Explorer
What's that dash in front of the temp mean? I am sitting outside next to a pit fire as I type and plan on sleeping in the backyard again tonight. It probably won't drop under 50.

Below Zero Centigrade, not Fahrenheit. That would be about minus 49F

Overland Hadley

on a journey
If I could afford it I would put this bumper on my truck. I think it would work good with dual Galley Boxes. I like the idea of fold down lids that work as a small table surface. But it might be a while before I can afford that phase of the build.

edit: As Photog pointed out it would be nice to have the Galley Boxes open from the other side so it would be easily accessible when the back was open. Yes this means that you could not open them when closed, but you can not get into the back when it's closed. All depends what you would want to carry back there.

toyota-truck-bumper-3_lg.jpg

Link to Aluminess Here.

Last edited:

slooowr6

Explorer
The bumper looks great and has all the funtions just not as light as I though it would be. I talked to them 2 weeks ago and they told me it weights 105lbs in that configuration.

Last edited:

mr.trd

Adventurer
I'm sorry, but I thought my bumper looked big, damn that thing is huge! And it might be the fact that the truck sits MMM low to begin with then all of that out back makes it look like it is going to ride a wheelie the first time to climb a hill or punch the throttle. Like the usefullness, just way to large for me. That being said I really am a tube guy anyway....so for me to like a plate bumper, it better be very very very ************....

Overland Hadley

on a journey
The bumper looks great and has all the funtions just not as light as I though it would be. I talked to them 2 weeks ago and they told me it weights 105lbs in that configuration.

Yes 105 pounds does seem a bit on the heavy side. But it does have dual swing outs with boxes, and a tow hitch. I would guess most of the weight is in those areas.

I would really like to know how much the stock bumper with the tow hitch weights. Anybody happen to weigh their (05+,with tow hitch) bumper when they took it off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy