campsite pics..lets see um

DrMoab

Explorer
A few months ago I had a dream about going to Australia. It's been bugging me. It almost felt like a vision...like I was being told "Ryan, your destiny is to travel the outback of Australia. I think I'm going to have to plan a trip. Every time I see photos like that I get a little zing that travels up my spine.

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
More from Oz...

Top of the Kennedy Range, Western Australia.
98e25b0f.jpg

Slide344.jpg

Castle Rock near Chambers Pillar, Northern Territory.

0e0378e0.jpg

Pentecost River, Kimberley, Western Australia.

Cheers,
Peter

CSG

Explorer
4600212961_778368f848_b.jpg

4124398856_19a9b9ecd3_o.jpg

4600213515_11a7207492_b.jpg

Early fall in Idaho's Sawtooth National Recreational Area (SNRA) where dispersed camping is permitted and even encouraged. Using a camping van like the PW Traverse allows one to set up camp cleanly and quickly. I like clean and quick as I rarely stay in a spot longer than one night. I like the journey more than the destination so I move around a lot.

The first photo is a spot north of the ranger station. The second is Little Wood Creek which is 100' from the van in the first photo. And the last photo was a spot I found just exploring one of the gravel roads. I stop, raise the top or not, get my chair and I'm good to go. :)

One of the great joys about living in Idaho is the abundance of dispersed camping opportunities we have here. However, it's been too long since I went down to southern Utah and the whole Color Country area so we're taking off in early June for a couple weeks, just me and my 10 and 12 year old boys. Will grab a few more photos then. ;)

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Lost Coast in Northern California
848092083_Fawe6-M-1.jpg
Very nice. looks like a lot of fun. was there plenty of off road travel through here?
I am thinking of a trip into Lost coast soon. I have been researching roads and trails the last few weeks and might try for mid fall or so.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Here is our current home away from home. Taken near Canyon Lands in UT.

Attachments

• IMG_4982-Edit.jpg
    IMG_4982-Edit.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_5006-Edit.jpg
    IMG_5006-Edit.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 104

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal