COLORADO CAMPER VAN LLC-**Do business at your own risk**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
If he's going to be sending you all over to have the repairs done, I hope he is going to reimburse you for time, travel and headaches.
I'm surprised that anyone still takes the risk of having any work done by that shop with soooo many displeased threads/ complaints...
But since you're in the middle, keep a positive attitude and keep your head up. Sometimes the ******** needs to hit the fan to realize the green grass underneath.
Best wishes for your mother and you.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
If he's going to be sending you all over to have the repairs done, I hope he is going to reimburse you for time, travel and headaches.
I'm surprised that anyone still takes the risk of having any work done by that shop with soooo many displeased threads/ complaints...
But since you're in the middle, keep a positive attitude and keep your head up. Sometimes the ******** needs to hit the fan to realize the green grass underneath.
Best wishes for your mother and you.

Thanks Bbasso... right now I am doing what I need to do, but it doesn't mean I will be doing this for very long or often.
Tomorrow will be a big day knowing what I found out today... it could be a turning point and not in a good way and I am ready to began the dropping of a 100 hammers.

philos

Explorer
It's all fixable though right?
Does it look like you can get the top to mount centered? That would be my first goal - getting the functionality kosher.

The sticker/logo over the wonky gel coat certainly speaks volumes in the context of quality control...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tequilasunset

Adventurer
It's all fixable though right?
Does it look like you can get the top to mount centered? That would be my first goal - getting the functionality kosher.

The sticker/logo over the wonky gel coat certainly speaks volumes in the context of quality control...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have ideas as to what needs to be done to center it, just not sure.
Still waiting on word about the top gelcoat repair estimate... and yeah damage gelcoat next to company logo... but I have been told repeatedly... the top was perfect! Yeah right... 3 blind mice would have noticed everything.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
WOW!

Got the estimate... and here is the rest of the story!

When I met with the contact person that Derek spoke with yesterday even he was not happy with Derek. Derek wanted a quote then and there and the guy would not give it to him without seeing my van (DUH)
The contact was telling Derek what they do and how they would probably approach it, and what their Hrly rate was... and Derek was telling him it was too much from the get go! The contact was not too happy, saying who is this guy telling me how to run my business? Derek also demanded that he not give me the estimate quote... SMH!

So the drum roll.... $5,181.93 is the bill to repair the top!!!

The big problem will be the type resin that was used to build the top, it may not be compatible... sigh... but it's not like Derek would agree anyway.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Here's a semi-positive thing I can say:

My GTRV top is over 20 years old. The gelcoat in general isn't in great shape. It's a little bit pitted, there are a couple of voids (likely always been there), and it hasn't been really smooth since long before I owned it. AND NONE OF THAT AFFECTS HOW I ENJOY MY VAN. I literally cannot pop the top in a parking lot or campground anywhere around people without getting positive attention and people coming to check it out.

You're right to be mad that something you paid good money for doesn't look 100%, but the reality is that the problems in the finish are mostly cosmetic. Get the scissor lift working right, get the top to raise/lower safely and latch flat, then send a few mind bullets Derek's way, or visualize kicking him in the nuts, or whatever you have to do to put it behind you, and try to enjoy your van.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Here's a semi-positive thing I can say:

My GTRV top is over 20 years old. The gelcoat in general isn't in great shape. It's a little bit pitted, there are a couple of voids (likely always been there), and it hasn't been really smooth since long before I owned it. AND NONE OF THAT AFFECTS HOW I ENJOY MY VAN. I literally cannot pop the top in a parking lot or campground anywhere around people without getting positive attention and people coming to check it out.

You're right to be mad that something you paid good money for doesn't look 100%, but the reality is that the problems in the finish are mostly cosmetic. Get the scissor lift working right, get the top to raise/lower safely and latch flat, then send a few mind bullets Derek's way, or visualize kicking him in the nuts, or whatever you have to do to put it behind you, and try to enjoy your van.

Thanks Herbie... I am doing my best to do that, go to the beach camping this weekend with my Vanagon buds. I will show off this hot mess Derek built, and proceed to enjoy my weekend. :)

I am going to make some noise in CO on the legal side, and from my understanding so far, I can make problems for him here in Cali too. I am also considering how to make a website slamming CVC, anything to make sure others don't get sucked into the problems I am facing.

I have joined the sportsmobile forum and hopefully I can get some insight there on how to address the bolt situation.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
And with the shop that he recommended being pissed off its just moar ammo against CCV... Btw that's some repair bill. :coffee:
Grab a lawyer ASAP and stop posting info that 'could' be used against you, the complaintant. (Sp?)
Good luck getting this resolved.

PS. Even if some of the problems are cosmetic, ********** letting those things slide- your $ well spent and expectations aren't met.

goneagain

Observer
Literally tomorrow I planned to plunk down a deposit on not one, but TWO CCV top installs for december. Not a snowballs chance in hell after what you are going thru.

HEY CCV! you just lost 20grand in business from me.

OP, Public shaming goes a long ways, I think bringing it public was the best move you could have made.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Literally tomorrow I planned to plunk down a deposit on not one, but TWO CCV top installs for december. Not a snowballs chance in hell after what you are going thru.

HEY CCV! you just lost 20grand in business from me.

OP, Public shaming goes a long ways, I think bringing it public was the best move you could have made.

Well I hope you find or get what you are after... thanks for your response and good luck.

goneagain

Observer
Well I hope you find or get what you are after... thanks for your response and good luck.

Likewise, I know how excited you were for this top. Having recently gone thru something similar at a fraction of a top cost, I am in no hurry for a hi stakes replay. Thank you for bringing this public.

Logan80

Thank you for posting this. Stories like these are just what's needed in a community like ours to make sure that fellow enthusiasts don't get burned by bad business people. I am part of the VW community (cars, not campers) and have always been wary of shops or products that people have negative feedback with, and for good reason.

I sure hope everything works out for you in the end, I know where I won't be buying products or services from for sure now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL